Single-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal
Design inspiration courtesy of Swarovski
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, palace green opal, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, black diamond, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 6mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 8mm round
- Bead, Swarovski crystal jet, 14mm fish
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 4mm round, 20.5 gauge
- Jumpring, gold-filled, 7.3mm round, 18 gauge
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube
- Clasp, lobster claw, sterling silver, 11x6.5x3mm without ring
- French wire, sterling silver, .8mm tube
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex®, clear, .019 inch, 49 strand
- Pliers, side-cutting
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, crimping
Get inspired by Swarovski design team's limitless imagination. Magical project ideas bring a new dimension to simple techniques.
Make the Flower Pot: String all three headpins through the Fish Bead 5727 so flat side of headpin is at "head" of fish.
On one headpin string four XILION Beads 5328 3mm Palace Green Opal and one Round Bead 5000 8mm Siam. Turn a small loop at top to secure and cut off any remaining wire. One on another headpin, string five XILION Beads 5328 4mm Palace Green Opal and one Round Bead 5000 6mm Siam. Turn a small loop at top of headpin. On the last headpin, string six XILION Beads 5328 4mm Palace Green Opal and one Helix Bead 5020 6mm. Turn a small loop at top of headpin.
String one end of wire through a crimp bead, then through the 6mm jumpring and back through the crimp bead. Crimp the bead to secure.
String on 63 XILION Beads 5328 4mm Black Diamond the 4mm jumpring and 63 more 4mm XILION Beads 5328 Black Diamond.
String on a crimp bead, string the wire through the loop at the bottom of the lobster clasp and then back through the crimp bead. Pull the wire to take up any remaining slack in the wired, (do not pull too tight--beads should drape easily). Crimp the crimp bead to secure. You can string the remaining wire back through a few beads on both sides and cut off remaining wire.
Open the 4mm jumpring in the center of the necklace and attach the flower pot to it by the loop on the headpin of the center flower.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.