Single-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal Components and Pearls, Gunmetal Aluminum Chain and Nylon Chain
Now That's Style!
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, antique brass, 10mm round (9 pearls)
- Component, Swarovski crystal, crystal sahara, 14mm square ring (2 components)
- Component, Swarovski crystal, crystal tabac, 20mm square ring (1 component)
- Component, Swarovski crystal, crystal Sahara, 20mm square ring (2 components)
- Drop setting, gunmetal pewter, 22mm diamond ring for 14mm square ring (2 drops)
- Drop setting, gunmetal pewter, 22mm square ring for 20mm square ring (2 drops)
- Focal, gunmetal pewter, 30mm diamond ring for 20mm square ring (1 focal)
- Headpin, sterling silver, 1-1/2 inch, 22 gauge (10 headpins)
- Eyepin, niobium, natural grey, 1-3/4 inch 21 gauge (5 eyepins)
- Split ring, sterling silver, 7mm round, .06-inches thick (6 split rings)
- Loop, nylon/rubber, copper, 10mm round (9 loops)
- Chain, nylon, copper, 10x8mm oval links, 36-inches
- Chain, aluminum, gunmetal color, 25x17x3mm double oval link cable
- Pliers, flush-cutters
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, split ring
String onto a headpin, one 10mm antique brass pearl and one copper color nylon loop. Using round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers and flush-cutters pliers, finish the end with a simple loop. Repeat to create eight 10mm antique brass pearl with nylon loop bead drops.
Repeat to create one 10mm antique brass pearl bead drop using one headpin and one 10mm antique brass pearl.
Using flush-cutters, cut off the head of one 1-3/4 inch eyepin. Using chain-nose pliers and round-nose pliers create a loop on the wire approximately 7mm around. Continue to wrap the wire around a second time to create a 7mm split ring loop. Repeat to create six 7mm split rings.
Using scissors, cut two 8-inch lengths of copper-colored nylon chain.
Using flush-cutters, cut one 12-inch length of 25x17mm double link gunmetal color aluminum chain.
Pass an 8-inch length of nylon cord through the first link on the 12-inch length of 25x17mm double link gunmetal color aluminum chain. Bring the first and last link on the nylon cord together. Open a 7mm split ring using split ring pliers or chain-nose pliers. Pass the split ring through the first and last link of the nylon cord and a single copper colored nylon loop.
Pass an 8-inch length of nylon cord through the last link on the 12-inch length of 25x17mm double link gunmetal color aluminum chain. Bring the first and last link on the nylon cord together. Open the loop on the 10mm antique brass pearl bead drop. Pass the split ring through the first and last link of the nylon cord. Close the loop.
Place a small amount of adhesive around the edge of the 30.5mm diamond shaped gunmetal pewter ring. Spread the G-S Hypo cement evenly on the surface. Place a 20mm square ring tabac crystal into the setting. Be careful to set the crystal straight down into the mounting. Allow glue 10 minutes to set.
Repeat to set two 20mm square ring Sahara crystals into 30.5mm square shaped gunmetal pewter ring settings and two 14mm square ring Sahara crystals into 22.5mm diamond shaped gunmetal pewter ring settings.
Attach one of each of the following to the link noted on the chain:
14mm square ring Sahara crystal setting using a split ring - links 8 and 24
20mm square ring Sahara crystal setting using a split ring - links 11 and 20
20mm square ring tabac crystal setting using a split ring - link 16
10mm antique brass pearl with nylon loop bead drop - links 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 24 and 27
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.