Single-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal and 14Kt Gold-Filled Chain
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet AB, 3mm Xilion bicone (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 9x6mm teardrop (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 18x12mm rondelle with 3.5mm hole (1 bead)
- Bead, black onyx, 4mm smooth round (1 bead)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 28x14mm teardrop (1 drop)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, jet, 28x14mm teardrop (2 drops)
- Bead cap, gold-finished brass, 6x1mm flower, fits 6-8mm bead (1 bead cap)
- Bead cap, gold-plated brass, 15x10mm leaf (1 bead cap)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, approximately 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 2 inches, 21 gauge (1 headpin)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 12x7mm with swivel (1 clasp)
- Chain, 14Kt gold-filled, 5mm round with 16mm twisted link
- Wire, 12Kt gold-filled, half-hard, round, 22 gauge
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut the following lengths of gold-filled round with twisted link chain:
Repeat to cut four 3-1/2 inch lengths of gold-filled wire:
One 25-inch length (starting with one single round link and ending with one twisted link)
One 4-1/2 length (starting with two single round links and ending with two single round links)
One 3-inch (starting with two single round links and ending with one twisted link)
One 2-inch (starting with two single round links and ending with one single round link)
String one black onyx 4mm round bead and one Swarovski crystal jet 3mm bicone onto a gold-plated 2-inch headpin. Using round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers begin to form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire. Before completing the wrapped loop, pass the wire through the loop on the twisted link on the 25-inch length of chain. Complete the wrapped loop.
Using round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers, open one gold-plated 4mm jumpring and pass it through the last single round link on the 25-inch length of chain and the loop on one gold-plated 12x7mm swivel lobster claw clasp. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to add a second jumpring next to the first for double jumprings.
Using round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers form a simple loop on one end of a 3-1/2 inch length of gold-filled wire. String onto the wire one gold-plated leaf style bead cap, one Swarovski jet 18mm rondelle bead, one gold-finished 6mm bead cap (cap side facing away from the jet rondelle) and one Swarovski crystal AB 9x6mm teardrop bead. Using round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire creating a Swarovski jet rondelle beading link.
Counting from the lobster claw clasp, open the center round link on the ninth set of triple round links and pass it through the wrapped loop on the Swarovski rondelle beading link. Close the link.
Open the simple loop on the opposite end of the Swarovski rondelle beading link and pass it through the first link on the three remaining lengths of chain. (Leaving the two single round links at the bottom.) Close the loop.
String one Swarovski crystal AB 28x14mm teardrop drop onto a 3-1/2 inch length of gold-filled wire. Using round-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers create a briolette wrapped loop.
Repeat to create two additional Swarovski jet 28x14mm teardrop briolette wrapped drops.
Open the last round link on the 4-1/2 inch length of chain and attach one Swarovski jet 28x14mm briolette drop. Close the link. Repeat to attach the second jet briolette drop to the 2-inch length of chain and the crystal AB briolette drop to the 3-inch length of chain.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.