Earrings with Silver-Plated "Pewter" and Rhinestone Links and Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, emerald green, 6mm faceted round (2 beads)
- Charm and link, silver-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and rhinestone, (2) 25x22mm double-sided open clover and (2) 20x19mm single-sided horseshoe with chatons, 1.5mm loop (2 links)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Earwire, silver-finished stainless steel, flat fishhook with 3x2mm coil, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, silver-finished brass, 2.2mm cable
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut four 1/2 inch lengths of silver-finished 2.2mm cable chain.
String onto one silver-plated 1-inch eyepin, one 6mm emerald glass faceted round bead. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire creating a 6mm emerald glass beading link.
Repeat to create a second 6mm emerald glass beading link.
Open one silver-plated 4mm round jumpring. Pass it through the first link on one 1/2 inch length of cable chain and one loop on the top of one silver-finished horseshoe link. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to attach a second 1/2 inch length of chain to the opposite loop on the silver-finished horseshoe link.
Open one silver-plated 4mm round jumpring and pass it through the last link on both 1/2 inch lengths of chain and one loop on a 6mm emerald glass beading link. Close the jumpring.
Open the opposite loop on the 6mm emerald glass beading link and pass it through the loop on one silver-finished fishhook earwire. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 3 - 5 to create a second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.