Earrings with Swarovski Crystal and Sterling Silver and Marcasite Clasps
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
- Focal, Swarovski crystal, crystal golden shadow, 32mm ellipse pendant (2 focals)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, bronze, 9x8mm curved (2 pearls)
- Bead cap, gunmetal-finished brass, 8x5mm fancy star, fits 8-10mm bead (4 bead caps)
- Clasp, sterling silver and marcasite, 4x20mm (2 clasps)
- Eyepin, gunmetal-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Headpin, gunmetal-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Earwire, gunmetal-plated brass, 14mm leverback with open loop (2 earwires)
- Adhesive, epoxy, Araldite Standard Epoxy, 2-part, 90-minute
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
String one gunmetal-finished 9x8mm fancy star bead cap onto one gunmetal-plated 2-inch headpin. Form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire.
Form the bead cap around one Swarovski crystal golden shadow 32mm ellipse pendant at the drilled end for shape then remove.
Using 2-part epoxy, glue the beadcap with wrapped loop to the drilled end of the ellipse pendant. Repeat to form and glue a second beadcap to the opposite end of the ellipse pendant creating an ellipse pendant drop.
Tips: Place beadcap so it hides the drill holes on the end of the ellipse pendant.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 to create a second ellipse pendant drop.
String one Swarovski pearl bronze 9x8mm curved pearl bead onto one gunmetal-plated 2-inch eyepin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire creating a curved pearl beading link.
Repeat to create a second curved pearl beading link.
Open one loop on one curved pearl beading link and pass it through the wrapped loop on one ellipse pendant drop. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the curved pearl beading link and pass it through one loop on one sterling silver and marcasite 4x20mm clasp. Close the loop.
Open the loop on one gunmetal-plated 14mm leverback earwire and pass it through the opposite loop on the sterling silver and marcasite 4x20mm clasp. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 3 - 6 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.