Cuff Bracelet with Tassels, Gemstone Beads and Seed Beads
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, peridot, 4x1mm-6x2mm hand-cut square rondelle (81 beads and 1 tassel)
- Bead, carnelian, 4x1mm-6x2mm hand-cut square rondelle (54 beads and 1 tassel)
- Bead, amethyst, 4x1mm-6x2mm hand-cut square rondelle (1 tassel)
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, inside color matte hot pink, #11 round
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, inside color matte blue / fuchsia, #11 round
- Bracelet component, cuff, gold-plated brass, 2-1/2 x 2-1/4 x 1-1/2 inches with 59 holes (1 bracelet component)
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive, clear
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, gel-spun polyethylene, smoke, 0.10mm diameter, 3-pound test
- Scrap, leather, purple, 9-1/4 x 3-1/2 inch square
- Hobby knife set, steel, 37 blades, 7 handles, 1 glue, 1 sharpening stone and 5 awls
- Cutting mat, self-healing, composite vinyl, green and black, 12 x 8-1/2 inch double-sided gridded rectangle
- Glue gun pad, silicone, clear, 8x8-inch square with non-stick heat resistant surface
- Beading needles
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Place the purple leather scrap onto a self-healing cutting mat. Using a hobby knife cut a 33mm square from the leather scrap.
Cut one 4-foot length of FireLine® and thread onto a beading needle.
Beginning in one corner of the bracelet component,
Pass the needle up through one corner hole on the bracelet component, back to front, then string two peridot gemstone square rondelles and one Dyna-Mites™ blue/fuchsia #11 seed bead. Pass the needle back down through the two square rondelles, and the bracelet hole. Pull the thread so the beads rest snug against the bracelet hole leaving a 3-inch tail on the end of the thread.
Pass the needle up through the next hole in the row on the bracelet then string two carnelian gemstone square rondelles and one hot pink #11 seed bead. Pass the needle back down through the two square rondelles, and the bracelet hole. Pull the thread so the beads rest snug against the hole on the bracelet.
Tie an overhand knot using the tail of the thread to secure the thread in place.
Continue to stitch two gemstone square rondelles and one seed bead, alternating colors, to each hole for approximately four rows.
At the first hole in the center row of the bracelet stitch two carnelian gemstone square rondelles and one hot pink #11 seed bead.
Pass the needle up through the next hole in the row and string one green tassel from the peridot gemstone strand. Pass the needle back down through the bracelet hole then pull the thread so the tassel rest snug against the hole and sticks straight up from the bracelet. Continue to stitch through the tassel and the bracelet hole 3-4 times to secure the tassel in place.
Continue to attach the following along the center row:
One blue/fuchsia #11 seed bead
One orange tassel from the carnelian gemstone strand
One blue/fuchsia #11 seed bead
One purple tassel from the amethyst purple gemstone strand
One set of two peridot gemstone square rondelles and one Dyna-Mites™ blue/fuchsia #11 seed bead
Continue to stitch two gemstone square rondelles and one seed bead, alternating colors, to each hole filling the rest of the bracelet holes.
Create several half-hitch knots along the back of the stitched area to secure the thread then apply a small amount of E-6000® Jewelry and Craft Adhesive to the knotted area to secure it in place.
Apply a thin layer of E-6000 to one side of the leather square (Step 1) and to the stitched area on the back of the bracelet. Place the leather square over the stitched area and allow to dry according to manufacturer's instructions.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.