Bib-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski® Crystals and Silver-Plated Brass Links
Minuet for Crystal Beads and Pearls
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystals, light amethyst, 6mm round (6 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystals, iridescent dove grey, 4mm round (30 pearls)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystals, iridescent dove grey, 8mm round (27 pearls)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystals, iridescent dove grey, 12mm round (7 pearls)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, amethyst, foil back, 8x8mm Xilion square fancy stone (1 embellishment)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal clear, foil back, 8x8mm classical cushion fancy stone (10 embellishments)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, amethyst, foil back, 14x10mm pear fancy stone (3 embellishments)
- Embellishment, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal white patina, foil back, 14x10mm pear fancy stone (4 embellishments)
- Drop, Swarovski crystals, rose, 10mm classic cut pendant (2 drops)
- Drop, Swarovski crystals, light amethyst, 10mm classic cut pendant (3 drops)
- Drop, Swarovski crystals, amethyst, 10mm classic cut pendant (5 drops)
- Drop, Almost Instant Jewelry, silver-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 16x12mm teardrop with 14x10mm pear setting (7 drops)
- Link, silver-plated brass, 18x17mm diamond (10 links)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube with heavy wall, 1.2mm inside diameter (4 crimps)
- Crimp cover, silver-plated brass, 3mm round (2 crimp covers)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 5.5mm round, 3.5mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (29 eyepins)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (4 headpins)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 15mm leverback with 6x3mm shell and open loop (2 earwires)
- Clasp, Almost Instant Jewelry, tab, silver-plated brass, 13x13mm square with 8x8mm square setting (1 clasp)
- Adhesive, Apoxie Sculpt, epoxy and polymer resin, super white
- French wire, silver-plated copper, fine, 0.85mm
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Mica powder, Gold Leaf and Metallic Powders, silver
- Adhesive, Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy, 2-part
- Clay carving, stainless steel and plastic, with grooved grip
- Artist brushes
- Gloves, vinyl
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Mix equal amounts of Apoxie® Sculpt according to manufacturer's instructions. Separate a small amount of Apoxie then roll it into a ball.
Press the Apoxie into the center of one 18x17mm diamond link. Press one clear 8mm cushion fancy stone into the center of the Apoxie. Repeat to create a total of ten clear fancy stone diamond links.
Use and artist brush to apply silver mica power to the visible Apoxie on both sides of each link.
Allow to dry for approximately 24 hours.
Mix Devcon® 5 Minute® Epoxy according to manufacturer's instructions. Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the pear setting on one 16x12mm teardrop drop and the back side of one white patina 14x10mm pear fancy stone. Press the fancy stone into the center of the drop. Set aside to dry for approximately 5 minutes. Repeat to create a total of four white patina drops, and three amethyst drops.
Repeat to affix one amethyst 8mm square fancy stone in the setting of the square tab clasp.
Cut two 6-inch lengths of Accu-Flex professional-quality beading wire and four 1/2 inch lengths of French wire.
String onto one length of beading wire: one crimp and one Accu-Guard™ wire protector. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp, then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire.
String onto the beading wire: eight sets of one dove grey 8mm pearl and one dove grey 4mm pearl. String one dove grey 8mm pearl then repeat Step 4 to secure the strand.
Repeat to create a duplicate strand.
String one dove grey 4mm pearl onto one 1-inch eyepin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of 14 dove grey 4mm pearl links. Repeat to create nine dove grey 8mm pearl links and seven dove grey 12mm pearl links.
String one light amethyst 6mm round onto one 1-inch headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of two light amethyst 6mm round drops.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through one loop on the tab clasp and the Accu-Guard on one end of one 6-inch beaded strand, then close.
Continue to connect the following using 4mm jumprings creating a chain:
One 8mm pearl links
The smaller loop on one side of the larger loop on one end of one clear fancy stone diamond link
Eight sets of:
The smaller loop on the opposite side of the large loop
One 8mm pearl link
One 8-inch strand
The opposite loop on the tab clasp
Use 4mm jumprings to attach 12mm pearl links to the smaller loops between the links, on the opposite end of the fancy stone diamond links.
Use 4mm jumprings to attach one 4mm pearl link to the jumprings connecting the 12mm pearl links. Pass one 4mm jumpring through the loop on one white patina drop and two adjacent 4mm pearl links on one end of the chain, then close.
Repeat to connect an amethyst drop to the next two 4mm pearl links.
Repeat to attach alternating color drops to the 4mm pearl links along the chain.
Attach one light amethyst 6mm round drop to the bottom left loop on the first fancy stone diamond link. Repeat on the right side of the right fancy stone diamond link.
Use 5.5mm jumprings to attach and alternating pattern of 10mm classic drops to the larger loop on the bottom of each fancy stone diamond link.
String one light amethyst 6mm round onto one 1-inch headpin then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of four light amethyst 6mm round drops.
Attach one 4mm jumpring to one leverback earwire. Use a second 4mm jumpring to attach the earwire to the larger loop on one end of one of the remaining fancy stone diamond links.
Use one 5.5mm jumpring to attach one amethyst 10mm classic drop and the opposite end of the link.
Attach one 6mm round drop to the bottom smaller loop on either side of the link.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.