Bracelet with Chainmaille and Czech Glass Druk Beads
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, sterling silver, 2mm seamless round (14 beads)
- Bead, Czech glass druk, transparent ruby red, 4mm round (7 beads)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 5.5mm round, 3.5mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (196 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 12mm round, 10mm inside diameter, 18 gauge (8 jumprings)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1 inch, 21 gauge (7 eyepins)
- Clasp, lobster claw, silver-plated pewter (zinc-based alloy), 10x6mm (1 clasp)
- Jumpring tool, opener and closer, nickel-finished pewter (tin-based alloy)
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, wire cutter
String onto one 1-inch eyepin: one 2mm round, one ruby red 4mm round and one 2mm round then form a simple loop. Repeat to create a total of seven ruby red 4mm links.
||Pass one 5.5mm jumpring through four 5.5mm jumprings then close. Repeat to attach a second 5.5mm jumpring creating double jumprings. Separate the four jumprings into two sets of two creating a 2-2-2 chain.
Tip: If desired, pass a spare piece of wire through two jumprings on one end to make the chain easier to hold.
||Let the last two jumprings on the chain fall to the sides of the previous set (center rings) of jumprings. Rotate the chain so the fallen rings are parallel to your body then spread the center set of rings. Attach double 5.5mm jumprings to the center rings. (The fallen rings will be pulled up to interlink with the center rings.)
Use the previous set of jumprings to create a 2-2-2 chain segment then repeat Step 3 to attach a second section of Byzantine chainamaille.
Repeat Steps 2 - 4 to create a total of 14 Byzantine chain segments.
Note: View the ''How to Start a Byzantine Chainmaille Weave'' how-to video for more information.
Tip: If desired, create a length of chain and separate it into segments.
Pass one 12mm jumpring through two 5.5mm jumprings on one end of one Byzantine segment, one loop on one ruby red 4mm link and two 5.5mm jumprings on one end of a second Byzantine segment, then close.
Pass one 12mm jumpring through the opposite end of the components and a new set of one Byzantine segment, one ruby red 4mm link and a second Byzantine segment, then close.
Repeat to connect a total of seven sets of Byzantine segment and ruby red links end to end.
Use one 12mm jumpring to attach the lobster claw clasp to the last two jumprings on one end of the chain then attach a 12mm jumpring to the opposite end.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.