Print Larger Image
Printer Friendly Version
Single-Strand Necklace with Prometheus® Bronze Clay Pendant and Leather Cord
-- Designer --
Patti, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Patti Miller, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Prometheus bronze clay, rapid and low fire
- Jump ring, antique copper-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Jump ring, clear-coated copper, 8mm round, 16 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Crimp end, JBB Findings, antique copper-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 6x5mm tube with loop (2 crimp ends)
- Clasp, hook-and-eye, antique copper-finished brass, 12.5x8.5mm flat (1 clasp)
- Cord, leather and cotton, black, 2.5mm zigzag-stitched round
- Sanding pad, micro-mesh, 1500-12000 grit
- Roller set
- Non-stick sheet, Teflon
- Metal clay conditioner and release, slikbaby
- Clay carving tool
- Firing block
- Firing fork
- Mesh screen
- Pickle compound, Sparex
- Fine steel wire brush
- Metal coating, Swellegant!, iron
- Sealant, Swellegant!, matte clear
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Artist brushes
Kiln gloves, leather
Cutter, 25x20mm rectangle
Using the purple (2mm) slat and a Teflon® sheet, roll out conditioned bronze clay.
Cut a rectangle from the clay then create a hole in each top corner.
Allow the clay to dry.
Carve your desired design on the face of the pendant and file any rough edges.
Fire the pendant per the metal clay instructions.
Brush and sand fired piece.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.