Earrings with Swarovski Crystal
Witches Hat Earrings
Get inspired by Swarovski design team's limitless imagination. Magical project ideas bring a new dimension to simple techniques.
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 2.5mm Xilion bicone (4 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 3mm Xilion bicone (6 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 4mm Xilion bicone (4 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 8mm star (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 10mm marguerite lochrose flower (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sun, 10mm marguerite lochrose flower (2 beads)
- Component, Swarovski crystal, jet, 14mm cosmic ring (2 components)
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
Earwires, TierraCast (2 earwires)
Wire, artistic, black, 24 gauge (3 feet)
Bead, Swarovski crystals, jet, 12x9mm Artemis
- Beads, Swarovski crystals, Artemis (2 beads)
- Please take the creative opportunity to substitute the TierraCast findings listed above with alternative items offered at Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.
Cut the 12-inch piece of wire into four 3-inch pieces. Approximately 3mm from the end of each piece of wire, use chain-nose pliers to fold up a bend. Note: Using this technique you will create headpins.
Using two pieces of wire from Step 1, slide on one Swarovski sew-on stone art. 3700 10mm jet, one fancy stone art. 4139 14mm jet, one sew-on stone art. 3700 10mm sun and one bead art. 5540 12mm jet.
Keep the two wires apart; on one wire slide on one bead art. 5328 4mm jet. On the second wire, slide three beads art. 5328 3mm jet and two beads art. 5328 2.5mm jet. Cut the wire 10mm from the last bead art. 5328 2.5mm jet. Using round-nose pliers, turn a loop towards the bead art. 5328 2.5mm jet--at least 1.5 - 2 rotations.
Using the second wire that has the bead art. 5328 4mm jet on it; turn a loop and then wrap the wire around the bead art. 5328 4mm jet and create a wire wrap between the bead art. 5328 4mm jet and the bead art. 5540 12mm jet. Trim tail and tuck next to coil made.
Attach one bead art. 5328 4mm jet to a blank earwire. Turn a simple loop. Open loop and attach to the loop from Step 4.
Repeat Steps 2 - 5 for the second earring.
OPTIONAL: Cut the 6-inch piece of wire into two equal pieces. Wire wrap bead art. 5714 8mm jet and attach to the coiled loop made at the end of the bead art. 5328 2.5mm jet. Repeat for the second earring.
Shape the point of the hat by gently curving the wire (see picture).
Have a question regarding this project?
Email Customer Service.
Permission to copy this instruction sheet is granted for non-commercial educational purposes only. All other reproduction
requires written permission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.