Triple-Strand Necklace with Coins, Swarovski Crystal Nickel-Plated Chain Links and Silver Findings
Rich in Creativity
-- Designer --
Stephanie, Supervisory Administrator in Customer ServiceTo learn more about Stephanie Girdlestone, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
Create a fashion-forward ''found objects'' look with this sparkling coin necklace. With plenty of eye-catching glitter and a graceful drape, this project is sure to produce compliments. Our own Stephanie Girdlestone takes you through the process.
Select the desired coins for this project. Note: Coins that are lightweight and thinner are easier to punch holes in for hanging.
Using wire cutters, trim the pin on the bead holder to about 1/4 inch. Place the pearl onto the pin to see if this will be a good length. If the pearl doesn't sit flush; trim the pin a little further.
Open the jumprings on the end of the curb chain and remove the clasp. Replace the claps with the decorative coin clasp.
Simply cut chain to desired length and attach with jumprings to the main chain, about 6 inches down from the clasp on each side.
Using the steel hole punch, punch a hole on each side of the coins.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (ie: necklace, bracelet, home décor) and include the main components of your design, if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels (or 6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a light background and light artwork on a dark background.
- For additional photography tips, click here.