Topics: Cording, Macramé
How do I singe the end of supply cord macramé cord after making knots? Does this take a special tool? Is there another method to secure knots. Which is best? Thanks.
A thread burner can be used to seal the ends of the cord. Using great care, you can also singe the end of the cord with the tip of a heated hot-glue gun. You can also use a layer of clear-drying glue, adhesive or a coat of clear nail polish to finish the ends. Work with the natural beauty of the cording and fray it to create a fringe or tassel effect.
- Thread burners
- Adhesive, G-S Hypo fabric cement
- ''Beaded Macramé Jewelry'' from Bead and Button® Projects, Easy-Does-It series book
- ''The New Macramé'' by Katie DuMont book
- ''Hemp Masters Getting Knotty'' by Max Lunger book
- ''Knots Tutorial'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Glue Types and Information'' chart
- View macramé design inspirations in the Gallery of Designs