Single-Strand Necklace with Bola Cord, Turquoise Cabochon and Sterling Silver Bola Cord Tips
South by Southwest
Build a beguiling lariat bola tie using a bold oval turquoise cabochon surrounded by a beaded bed of teal, red and silver-lined seed beads for a head-turning look.
-- Designer --
Photo Courtesy of Bead and Button Magazine
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads 2006 Beading Contest
Category: Men's JewelryBronze Prize Medal Winner
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, white, size B
- Bola slide, nickel-plated brass, 19x16mm spring action
- Lacy's Stiff Stuff, beading foundation, white, 11x8-1/2 inch sheet
- Adhesive, Crafter's Pick Jewel Bond
- Cabochon, turquoise, 40x30mm oval
- Bola cord, leatherette, tan, 3.5-4mm textured round
- Bola tip, sterling silver, 53mm with 4mm ball on tip
- Bead, bamboo coral, red, 4.5-5mm hand-cut round with 0.6-0.8mm hole
- Bead, sterling silver, 4mm seamless corrugated round
- Seed bead, Miyuki, glass, opaque light teal, #15 rocaille
- Seed bead, Miyuki, glass, silver-lined translucent clear, #15 rocaille
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, opaque brick red, #11 round
- Scrap, leather, 9-1/4 x 3-1/2 inch square
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.