Basket Vase with Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Courtesy of Swarovski
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, 2mm round (58 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal copper, 3mm round (32 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, 3mm round (80 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 3mm round (32 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal copper, 4mm round (128 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, mocca, 4mm round (40 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 4mm round (16 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal copper, 6mm round (80 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 6mm round (52 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal copper, 8mm round (60 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 8mm round (20 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, horizontal galactic (1 drop)
- Thread, nylon
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Beading needles
Leather tape, dark brown, 8mm
Rattan cane, flat, 75cmx5mm
Get inspired by Swarovski design team's limitless imagination. Magical project ideas bring a new dimension to simple techniques.
Take 20 flat rattan cane pieces with a length of 75cm and weave them as shown in illustration. The weaving should be in middle of canes.
Weave 3 rows of leather tape as shown in the illustration. Fold the woven rattan pieces up as shown.
Repeat step 2 to weave 7 more rows, so that you have in all 10 rows. Insert 3 rattan canes in the front as shown in illustration.
Cut a piece of 0.25mm nylon thread and melt the end to a ball and slide on one Bead 5000, 3mm in Copper. Stitch with a needle through both rattan canes and slide on one more Bead 5000, 3 or 4mm in Copper. Cut off and melt end to a ball to attach the bead to the inserted rattan cane. Cut off rattan cane and repeat this step 23 times to attach beads on all 4 sides of the tube at each of the 3 inserted rattan canes. (See illustration.)
Cut 2m of 0.45mm nylon thread, melt end to a ball and slide on Beads which are shown in instruction. Attach to the sides on the corner as you see in magnifiers in this step.
Slide on next Bead and attach it to the rattan cane as shown in first magnifier in illustration. Repeat this step (attach a bead onto every 2nd rattan cane) until you get to the next corner. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to connect both sides on the corners and go all around tube.
Repeat step 5 and 6 until you have 8 more rows with Beads as shown.
Repeat Step 6 to weave 7 more rows-but only connect sides on one corner weave.
Repeat step 1 to weave 3 rows with leather tape.
Repeat step 6 to weave 5 more rows with Beads as shown in illustration.
Put some glue onto every second rattan cane and glue two of them together. Repeat step 1 and weave 10 rows.
Repeat step 8-11 three times for the three other sides of tube. Leave one end of leather strip long after weaving and slide on 1 Pendant 6657 in Crystal Copper and make a knot after the pendant to secure.
Put your vase into the tube and with long leather tape you can open and close the tube around vase by wrapping it around.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.