Single-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Kristal Wick, Jewelry Designer and Instructor and Swarovski crystal Ambassador
To learn more about Kristal Wick, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, fuchsia, 4mm Xilion bicone (32 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose AB, 4mm Xilion bicone (32 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose AB, 6mm Xilion bicone (12 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal volcano, 6mm marguerite lochrose flower (8 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose, 8mm marguerite lochrose flower (4 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, light grey, 8mm round (6 pearls)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, rose, 23mm rock (1 drop)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal, fuchsia, silver-foil back, 3.2mm round (1 flat back)
- Spacer bar, Swarovski crystal and silver-plated brass, crystal clear with silver-foil back, 10.5x2.5mm 2-strand multi-stone rectangle with five size PP16 chatons (9 spacer bars)
- Seed bead, Delica, glass, opaque black, #11 round (106 seed beads)
- Charm, antiqued pewter, 13x11.5mm heart with dots (1 charm)
- Crimp, brass, black, 2.5x2mm (8 crimp beads)
- Clasp, toggle, antiqued silver-plated ''pewter,'' 14.5x14.5mm double-sided heart with fancy bar (1 clasp)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (6 eyepins)
- Jumpring, aluminum, black, 6mm smooth round, 18 gauge (13 jumprings)
- Jumpring, aluminum, black, 8mm smooth round, 16 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, clear, 21 strand
- Adhesive, G-S Hypo cement
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, crimping
Create crystal figure eights and crystal pearl links then join them together with crystal spacer bars used in a non-traditional orientation. Finish the necklace design off with a crystal pendant and charm to suit the season, such as a heart for Valentine's Day or a ''ribbon'' to show support for your favorite cause.
||Using wire cutters, cut one 9-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire. String onto the wire one small marguerite bead, one large marguerite bead and one small marguerite bead (make sure to have the colored side facing out, away from the large marguerite bead).
||String on four pairs of one seed bead and one Swarovski 4mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead; add one seed bead. String on one hole of one crystal spacer bar so the crystals are facing out. String on four pairs of one seed bead and one Swarovski 4mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead; add one seed bead.
||String beading wire back through the three marguerite beads so now both ends of the wire are exiting the same marguerite bead. Pull the wire to form a circle or teardrop shape.
||String onto one end of the beading wire one seed bead, one Swarovski 4mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead, one crimp bead then three pairs of one Swarovski 4mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead and one seed bead. String on the top hole of one crystal spacer and one seed bead.
||On the other beading wire strand, string on four pairs of one seed bead and one 4mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead. Pass the wire through all the other beads strung in Step 4, exiting after passing through the crimp bead.
||Pull the ends of the wire to tighten up both circles. Crimp the crimp bead. Using wire cutters, cut both wire tails.
Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to create a total of two rose AB figure eights. Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to create two fuchsia figure eights using 4mm fuchsia bicone beads in place of the rose AB bicone beads.
||String the following onto an eyepin: one seed bead, one 6mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead, one seed bead, one 8mm light grey crystal pearl, one seed bead, one 6mm rose AB Xilion bicone crystal bead and one seed bead.
Finish the end of the eyepin with a simple loop to create a beading link.
Repeat to create a total of six beading links.
Using a 6mm jumpring, connect a beading link to the bottom hole of one spacer bar in one half of a rose AB figure eight. Repeat to connect a beading link to the spacer bar on the other half of the same figure eight. Using a 6mm jumpring, connect the other end of the beading link just added to a spacer bar on one half of a fuchsia figure eight. Add a beading link to the spacer bar on the other half of the fuchsia figure eight. This completes half of the necklace.
Repeat to create the second half of the necklace.
||Using a 6mm jumpring, connect the top hole of a spacer bar to the beading links on the end of each of the necklace halves. Add another 6mm jumpring to the bottom of the spacer bar.
Optional: Apply a dot of GS-Hypo cement to the center of the heart charm then place a flat back rhinestone onto the cement. Let the cement cure per manufacturer's recommended instructions. Add a 6mm jumpring to the charm.
Using an 8mm jumpring, connect a Swarovski crystal rock pendant and heart charm to the 6mm jumpring at the bottom of the spacer bar added in Step 9.
Using a 6mm jumpring, add the toggle bar to the loop on a beading link on the end of one half of the necklace. Repeat to add the toggle ring to the beading link on the end of the other half of the necklace.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.