Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Bugle Beads, Glass Cabochons and Antiqued Silver-Plated Brass Focals
-- Designer --
Anna, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Anna Sampels, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bugle bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, transparent rainbow light pink, 6mm twisted
- Bugle bead, Dyna-Mites, glass, transparent rainbow clear, 12mm twisted
- Bugle bead, Miyuki, glass, silver-lined opaque light amethyst purple, 9x2mm twisted
- Cabochon, glass, clear, 30x22mm non-calibrated oval (3 cabochons)
- Focal, antiqued silver-plated brass, 35x29mm rope edge oval with 30x22mm oval setting (3 focals)
- Crimp, silver-plated brass, 2mm round, 1.3mm inside diameter (14 crimps)
- Crimp cover, silver-plated brass, 4mm round (14 crimp covers)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, silver-plated brass, 4x4mm tube, 0.5mm inside diameter (14 wire protectors)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (18 jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated brass, 10mm twisted round, 14 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 16mm leverback with 6x3mm shell and open loop (2 earwires)
- Clasp, slide lock, silver-plated brass, 21x6mm round tube, 12.5x2mm inside diameter (1 clasp)
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft Adhesive, clear
- Bead stoppers
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
Drawing or printer paper
This multi-strand necklace and dangle earring set is a jewelry-maker’s dream, providing an easily customizable style for any desired themed or holiday-related message. Simply adhere paper or fabric to the flat side of ...
Use a drawing or print an approximately 30x22mm oval pattern (of your choice) onto a blank sheet of paper. Create a total of three copies of this design.
Apply a generous layer of E-6000® over one copy of the design. Place one 30x22mm clear oval cabochon over the pattern, pressing firmly to prevent bubbles from forming. Repeat using the remaining two copies of the design.
Allow adhesive to dry fully (approximately 24 hours) then cut each pattern out closely around the attached cabochon.
Place the cabochon into one 35x29mm rope edge focal setting then press the prongs over the cabochon to secure it in place.
Repeat to create a total of three cabochon focals.
Tip: For added security apply a small amount of E-6000 around the inner edge of the setting.
Cut seven 22-inch lengths Accu-Flex professional-quality beading wire.
String onto one length of beading wire: one crimp and one Accu-Guard™ wire protector. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end.
Crimp, then trim the excess from the short end of the beading wire. Finish with a 4mm crimp cover.
String approximately 20 inches of bugle beads, in the pattern of your choice, onto the beading wire then repeat Step 2 to secure the strand.
Repeat Steps 2 - 3 to create a total of seven strands.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the Accu-Guard on one end of one bugle bead strand and the loop on one portion of the slide lock clasp then close. Repeat to attach one end of each bugle bead strand to the same portion of the clasp.
Repeat to attach the opposite end of each strand to the second portion of the clasp.
Use one 10mm jumpring to attach one cabochon focal to the bugle bead strands.
Attach one 4mm jumpring to the loop on the two remaining cabochons focals.
Pass one 4mm jumpring through the previous 4mm jumpring on one cabochon focal and the loop on one leverback earwire then close.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.