Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Bone Beads, Shell Beads and Gemstone Beads
-- Designer --
Jude, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jude Wroblewski, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, turquoise, mini nugget (11 beads)
- Bead, tiger moon snail shell, 12x6mm-15x8mm shell (18 beads)
- Bead, domestic water buffalo bone, white, 24x3mm-26x5mm hand-cut hairpipe (6 beads)
- Bead, domestic water buffalo bone, black, 24x3mm-26x5mm hand-cut hairpipe (6 beads)
- Seed bead, TOHO BEADS, glass, opaque pepper red, #8 round
- Charm, antique gold-plated brass, 18x4mm single-sided feather (18 charms)
- Jump ring, antique gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 2.6mm inside diameter, 22 gauge (1 jump ring)
- Jump ring, antique brass-plated steel, 7mm round, 5.8mm inside diameter, 21 gauge (18 jump rings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antique brass-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 15x12mm with double-sided ribbed design (1 clasp)
- Ear wire, antique gold-plated brass, 16mm leverback with 6x3mm shell and open loop (2 ear wires)
- Chain, antique brass-plated steel, 3x2mm flat cable
- Chain, antique brass-plated brass, 5mm rolo
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, round, 18 gauge
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, round, 22 gauge
- Cord, suede lace, black, 3-4mm
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Cut the following lengths:
Two 6-inch lengths
Two 5-inch lengths
Two 3-inch lengths
Two 2-1/2 inch lengths
Two 2-inch lengths
Two 1-1/2 inch lengths
One 1-inch length
3x2mm flat cable chain
Four 3-inch lengths
Five 2-1/2 inch lengths
Two 1-3/4 inch lengths
Two 1-inch lengths
Four 9-inch lengths of 18-gauge Zebra Wire™
22-gauge Zebra Wire™
13 5-inch lengths
One 9-inch length
Two 12-inch lengths or 5mm rolo chain
||Double one length of suede lace in half. Use a 5-inch length of wire to form three even wraps around the folded center of each length of suede lace, leaving a small loop.
Pass one 7mm jump ring through the loop on one 18x4mm feather charm, the hole in one tiger moon shell and the first link on one length of flat cable chain, then close. Repeat using each length of flat cable chain to create a total of 13 feather and shell drops.
Form a simple loop on one end of one 9-inch length of 18-gauge wire then string two sets of one white hairpipe and two pepper red #8 seed beads. Form a simple loop on the opposite end of the wire. Repeat to create a second white hairpipe link.
Repeat to create two black hairpipe links.
Form a simple loop on one end of the last length of 18-gauge wire, then string approximately 11 turquoise mini nuggets. Form a simple loop creating a turquoise link.
Note: The turquoise link should be the same length as the previous links.
Form a simple loop on one end of the 9-inch length of 22-gauge wire, then string seven sets of:
One pepper red #8 seed bead
The last link on one random length feather and shell drop
The loop on the longest length of suede lace
Repeat the sequence in Step 5 in the opposite order, decreasing the remaining lengths of suede lace, then string the last link on the last feather and shell drop and one pepper red #8 seed bead.
Form a simple loop on the end of the wire, finishing the suede lace fringe link.
Continue to string the last link on the last feather and shell drop and one pepper red #8 seed bead.
Trim the center lengths of the suede lace flat then trim the remaining lengths at an angle.
Attach one end of the suede lace fringe link to the first link on one 12-inch length of rolo chain.
Continue to attach the following links to every other link on the chain:
Repeat to attach the opposite end of each link to the corresponding links on the second 12-inch length of chain.
One white hairpipe link
One black hairpipe link
The turquoise link
The second black hairpipe link
The second white hairpipe link
Pass one 4mm jump ring through the last link on one length of chain and one 15x12mm lobster clasp, then close.
Cut two 1-inch lengths and 2-1/2 inch lengths of 3x2mm flat cable chain.
Pass one 7mm jump ring through the loop on one 18x4mm feather charm, the hole in one tiger moon shell and the first link on one length of flat cable chain, then close. Repeat using each length of flat cable chain to create a total of four feather and shell drops.
Pass the loop on one leverback ear wire through the last link on one 2-1/2 inch length and one 1-inch drop, then close. Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.