Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Black Onyx Gemstone Beads, Swarovski® Crystal Beads and Cubic Zirconia and Sterling Silver Pendants
Black Onyx is Back
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, black onyx, 2mm round (155 beads)
- Bead, black onyx, 6mm half-drilled round (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystals, crystal clear, 3mm round (30 beads)
- Bead, cubic zirconia, black, 20x7mm half-drilled faceted teardrop (1 bead)
- Drop, Swarovski crystals, crystal clear, 15x7.5mm teardrop pendant (2 drops)
- Pendant, cubic zirconia and sterling silver, clear, 25mm single-sided flower with 3mm cup and 5mm peg, fits up to 12mm bead (1 pendant)
- Link, sterling silver, 5mm cup with 3mm peg, fits up to 6mm bead (1 link)
- Wire protector, Accu-Guard, sterling silver-filled, 4.5x3.5mm tube with 0.5mm inside diameter (2 wire protectors)
- Crimp cover, sterling silver-filled, 4mm round (2 crimp covers)
- Crimp, sterling silver, 2mm cut tube, 1.4mm inside diameter (2 crimps)
- Jump ring, sterling silver, 4mm round, 2.2mm inside diameter, 19 gauge (7 jump rings)
- Jump ring, sterling silver, 6mm round, 4.3mm inside diameter, 19 gauge (1 jump ring)
- Ear wire, black onyx and sterling silver, 24mm fishhook with 10x6mm hand-cut diamond and loop, 19 gauge (2 ear wires)
- Clasp, lobster claw, sterling silver, 11x7mm infinity (1 clasp)
- Wire, sterling silver, dead-soft, round, 21 gauge
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, nylon and stainless steel, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch diameter
- Adhesive, G-S Hypo Cement
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, crimping
Black onyx jewelry is great for everyday style and flattering to all. This simple yet intriguing stringing pattern is visually pleasing with its symmetrical balance. The eye is naturally drawn to the faceted cubic zirconia teardrop pendant that's rich in color and brilliance.
The cubic zirconia half-drilled faceted teardrop beads that Fire Mountain Gems and Beads offers are precisely cut and designed to imitate other quality gemstones. The necklace pendant is easily created using a pendant component with a cup and peg for a custom design. Simply add the half-drilled cubic zirconia teardrop to the cup with peg and secure with G-S Hypo Cement. The pendant component has a beautiful flower design with sparkling cubic zirconia for extra shine and shimmer.
The dangle earrings are attention-getting with the wire-wrapped faceted Swarovski teardrop pendants. The fishhook ear wires feature a hand-cut black onyx diamond shape detailing for a sophisticated look. Additional embellishment is cleverly created using links with a cup and peg to add half-drilled onyx gemstone beads.
There's more than just great style with black onyx. Black onyx is known as one of the most powerful protection stones, helping to prevent the drain of personal energy and repelling negative energy. Onyx is believed to help provide emotional and physical strength, especially during times of stress, confusion or grief.
Black onyx is back, taking a front and center position in jewelry fashion. Add this stunning design to jewelry lines and your own fashion wardrobe for on-trend style and easy sales.
Inject a small amount of G-S Hypo cement® into the hole of a half-drilled cubic zirconia teardrop. Place the hole of the teardrop onto the peg of a pendant with cup and peg and hold for a few seconds. Set aside to cure.
Cut an 18-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire.
String a crimp and an Accu-Guard™ wire protector onto the beading wire. Pass the beading wire back through the crimp. Pull the beading wire so the crimp rests snug against the Accu-Guard leaving approximately 1/4 inch of beading wire on the end. Crimp, trim the excess wire and add a crimp cover.
String the following onto the beading wire 30 times:
String five additional black onyx rounds
Five 2mm black onyx rounds
One crystal clear 3mm round
String the bail of the pendant created in Step 1 onto the beaded strand.
Repeat Step 3 to secure the strand.
Use a 4mm jump ring to add a lobster claw clasp to one end of the beaded strand.
Add a 6mm jump ring to the opposite end.
Inject a small amount of G-S Hypo cement® into the hole of a half-drilled 6mm black onyx round. Place the hole of the round onto the peg of a link with cup and peg and hold for a few seconds. Set aside to cure.
Repeat to add a black onyx round to a second link.
Cut two 3-inch lengths of 21-gauge wire.
String a crystal clear 15x7.5mm teardrop onto a length of wire then create a briolette-wrapped loop.
Repeat to create a second drop.
Use 4mm jump rings to attach one ear wire, one embellished link and one briolette-wrapped drop.
Repeat to complete a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.