Earrings with Swarovski® Crystals Leather Cord
-- Designer --
Patti, Jewelry Designer, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Patti Miller, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, antique brass-plated ''pewter'', 7x6mm cylinder with loop (2 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystals, crystal AB, 20x19mm star pendant (2 drops)
- Jump ring, antique gold-plated brass, 10mm twisted round, 8mm inside diameter, 16 gauge (2 jump rings)
- Ear wire, antique gold-plated brass, 16mm leverback with 6x3mm shell and open loop (2 ear wires)
- Cord, leather, rose, 1.4-1.6mm round
- Adhesive, Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy, 2-part
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
Cut four 4-1/2 inch lengths of leather cord.
Mix Devcon® 5 Minute® epoxy according to manufacturer's instructions.
Lay two lengths of cord next to one another, making sure the ends are even. Trim the ends on one side of the cords so that the ends are slightly pointed.
Dip one end of the two lengths of cord into a small amount of Devcon then insert the ends halfway into the 7x6mm bead. Hold the cords in place for a minute to secure then set aside until dry.
Once dry, repeat to the opposite end of the lengths of cord.
Once dry, use one 10mm twisted jump ring to attach one 20x19mm Swarovski® crystals star pendant onto both lengths of cord.
Use the loop on the ear wire to attach the ear wire to the loop on the 7x6mm bead from Step 4 to complete the earring.
Repeat Steps 3 - 6 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.