Close
Home

Topics: Metal Clay, Toxicity

Q.
I see people handling Metal Clay bare handed in videos. Isn't there a toxicity issue?
- Erin
A.
Metal Clay is non-toxic and safe for handling with your bare hands. Some people like to wear dust masks when filing and sanding dry Metal Clay, or to work outdoors to avoid inhaling the dust. Some also like to be out of the room when firing their kilns. Neither of these is proven to be necessary, and based solely on personal preference.

- Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator

Materials Resources