Earrings with Cubic Zirconia Faceted Gemstones, 14Kt Gold-Filled Drops and Chain
-- Designer --
Melody, Marketing Events Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Melody Waterman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Cut one 3-inch section of chain.
- Attach the first loop of the chain to the earwire.
- Attach 1 jumpring to the last loop of chain.
How to set a wrap-tite:
- Place cubic zirconia flat side down on your first finger.
- Position the Wrap-Tite over the cubic zirconia.
- Cinch the small ring of the Wrap-Tite using round-nose or needle-nose pliers.
- Use a magnifier to check if the cubic zirconia is centered and straight.
- Place a drop of glue near the top of the cubic zirconia. (Hypo-Tube Cement dries in ten minutes and gives a superior bond.)
- Counting chain loops from the bottom of the earwire, attach one Wrap-Tite with jumpring to the 3rd loop of chain.
- Attach one Wrap-Tite with jumpring to the 6th loop of chain.
- Attach one Wrap-Tite with jumpring to the 10th loop of chain.
- Skip 1 chain-loop between the next 4 Wrap-Tites with jumprings.
- Skip 3 chain-loops when you attach the 8th Wrap-Tite with jumpring.
Repeat the Steps for the second earring.
These earrings may also be created in a free-form style:
- Cut one three loop section of chain.
- Attach one jumpring into the first loop of chain section.
- Attach one jumpring into the last loop of chain section.
- Attach the last Wrap-Tite into the center loop of three loop chain section.
- Attach one of the end jumprings of this chain section to the 6th loop from the bottom of the earwire.
- Attach the second jumpring of this chain section to the 4th chain loop from the end.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.