Single-Strand Necklace with Fiber Cord and Shell Focal Components
-- Designer --
From the Fire Mountain Gems and Beads Collection
: : : Materials : : :
|Tie three of the cut pieces of fiber and ribbon to one half of a clasp. Tie the other end to one of the mother-of-pearl focal pieces.|
|Tie a second set of fiber and ribbon to the other side of the first focal piece, and then tie the other ends to a second focal piece.|
|Tie another set of fiber and ribbon to the other side of the second focal piece, then tie it to the abalone or paua focal piece. This will be the center of your necklace.|
|Add another set of fiber to the other side of the center piece and continue up the other side of the necklace adding two more focal pieces of mother-of-pearl. Tie the last end of the fiber and ribbon to the other end of the clasp.|
|Add one paua flat end to a headpin and make a simple loop. Attach loop to hole in focal mother-of-pearl shell.|
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.