Single-Strand Bracelet with Porcelain Bead, Amethyst Gemstone Beads and Seed Beads
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, amethyst, 4mm round
- Bead, amethyst, medium to dark, 8mm rondelle
- Bead, golden rainbow fluorite, 8x4mm heishi
- Bead, porcelain, blue/white, 36x7mm flat round
- Seed Bead, #8, Japanese, transparent rainbow root beer
- Seed bead, Dyna-Mites, transparent rainbow, root beer, #11
- Pearl, cultured freshwater, pink, 20x7mm-25x7mm center-drilled stick
- Clasp, toggle, sterling silver, 24.5x12.5mm
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, size D, brown
- Beading needles, #12
- Scissors, 3-1/2-inch
Combine tubular peyote with a hand-painted porcelain bead, a few complementary beads and a fun clasp for a very dramatic finished piece.
Work your needle through the spiral and then out, through all the complementary and porcelain beads, and then into the seed beads and the clasp again. Pass back and forth as many times as the beads will allow (the needle will be harder and harder to pass through the beads as they fill up with thread--use chain-nose pliers to help pull the needle through, if necessary). Once the clasp is secure, pass the needle through the beads, then into the size 8/0 beads in the rope, working the thread down into the spiral pattern, and passing toward the other end of the bracelet. If your thread will make it to the end, pass the needle out of the last row of seed beads. Tie a surgeon's knot with the two threads on this end and continue back into the rope.
Make a few half-hitch knots once your thread gets to be about 4 inches long. Trim once you've secured the thread.
You may be able to pass the thread through the complementary beads, but not through the pearls. If this happens, instead of passing through the pearls, pick up a few size 11/0 seed beads and "bridge" over the pearl, into the next bead in line. This will significantly strengthen the section as well as enhance your design.
|Weave your thread into the spiral rope, making half-hitch knots as you pass between root beer size 8/0 beads. Trim the thread once it's secure.|
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.