Pendant with Kato Polyclay™
-- Designer --
: : : Materials : : :
- Focal, Hill Tribes fine silver, 44mm hammered round with 3 loops
- Kato Polyclay, turquoise
- Kato Polyclay, white
- Kato Polyclay, violet
- Kato Polyclay clear medium liquid
- Kato Polyclay blade sample set
- Clear plastic roller, approx. 6in
- Sheets, silver leaf
- Polyclay Roller
Deeply etched rubber stamp
Clay dedicated baking sheet
1 1/2 inch circle cookie cutter
Spray bottle with water
There are many different techniques in polymer clay that are called ''Mokume gane'' because they all involve thin layers of clay which are manipulated to reveal beautiful patterns. One interesting technique uses a rubber stamp.
In my quest to find ways to attach polymer clay to findings, something that usually requires adhesives--which don't last, I experimented with a Hill Tribes silver beading disc. The disc has loops in the center of it, which are intended to be used for attaching beaded fringe. The loops give the polymer something to ''latch'' onto, offering a permanent attachment--making these discs a wonderful way to display polymer clay.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Polymer Clay - Basics and Techniques'' how-to video
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.