Triple-Strand Necklace with Coins, Swarovski Crystal Nickel-Plated Chain Links and Silver Findings
-- Designer --
Stephanie, Supervisory Administrator in Customer ServiceTo learn more about Stephanie Girdlestone, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- For the First Chain
- Link, sterling silver, 10mm double circle (1pk drops)
- Drop, sterling silver, 14mm double-circle (1pk drops)
- Drop, sterling silver, 15x14mm spiral (1pk drops)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, crystal clear, 16x11mm baroque (2 drops)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, light Colorado topaz, 16x11mm baroque (1 drop)
- Drop, antiqued brass-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 18mm replica of Ching dynasty coin (1pk drops)
- Drop, antiqued brass-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 25mm octagon coin (1pk drops)
- Drop, brass-finish aluminum, 38mm 20x18mm 'long life' Chinese coin shape (1pk drops)
- Focal mix, antiqued brass-finished pewter (tin-based alloy), 36x30mm flat round with symbol (1pk focals)
- Swarovski crystal components, half-drilled pearl, mauve, 6mm round (2pks pearls)
- Swarovski crystal components, half-drilled pearl, copper, 6mm round (2pks pearls)
- Swarovski crystal components, half-drilled pearl, black, 6mm round (2pks pearls)
- Swarovski crystal components, half-drilled pearl, Tahitian, 6mm round (2pks pearls)
- Swarovski crystal components, half-drilled pearl, cream, 6mm round (2pks pearls)
- Component, antiqued copper, 21mm round genuine East Indian coin (1pk components)
- Bead cap, sterling silver, 8.5x7mm for half-drilled 8mm bead (2pks bead caps)
- Jumpring, brass, 6mm round, 20 gauge (1pk jumprings)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 5.5mm round, approximately 20 gauge (1pk jumprings)
- Clasp, tab, sterling silver and copper, 16mm coin (1 clasp)
- Chain, sterling silver, 1.75mm cable, 20-inch
- Adhesive, E-6000 jewelry and craft
- Steel hole punch
- Pliers, flush-cutters
- For the Second Chain
- Chain link, Swarovski crystal, nickel-plated 8mm caged crystal pearl with 5mm faceted flat round, white/aquamarine, single strand
- For the Third Chain
Various sizes, shapes and metals of coins left over from first chain
Various sizes, shapes and metals of jumprings left over from first chain
Create a fashion-forward ''found objects'' look with this sparkling coin necklace. With plenty of eye-catching glitter and a graceful drape, this project is sure to produce compliments. Our own Stephanie Girdlestone takes you through the process.
Select the desired coins for this project. Note: Coins that are lightweight and thinner are easier to punch holes in for hanging.
Using wire cutters, trim the pin on the bead holder to about 1/4 inch. Place the pearl onto the pin to see if this will be a good length. If the pearl doesn't sit flush; trim the pin a little further.
Open the jumprings on the end of the curb chain and remove the clasp. Replace the claps with the decorative coin clasp.
Simply cut chain to desired length and attach with jumprings to the main chain, about 6 inches down from the clasp on each side.
Using the steel hole punch, punch a hole on each side of the coins.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.