Double-Strand Bracelet with Swarovski Crystal
Design inspired by Dee Dee Simental
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Senior Customer Advocate, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, hyacinth, 8mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, peridot, 8mm bicone
- Link, gold-plated, 11x2mm flat curved end bar
- Clasp, gold electro-plated, oval tab, 16mm filigree S
- Parachute cord, nylon, white, 30-pound, (.006 inch)
- Beading needles, #10, 2-1/4 inch
- Adhesive, G-S hypo cement
- FiberFuse™ thread burner
- Wire nipper, Acculon
- Pliers, chain-nose
This project is done using a two-needle technique which allows you to build both sides of the butterflies at the same time.
Note: each butterfly measures about 1-inch in length.
Note: Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, press on the end of the Parachute cord to flatten it out. This will make it easier to thread a needle onto the end.
|Thread onto each needle, two 4mm Swarovski bicones, passing through the beads in the same direction.|
|Thread onto one needle, one 4mm Swarovski bicone bead. Pass the other needle through the same bead but in the opposite direction so the threads criss cross and the bicone sits horizontally between the 8mm bicones.|
|Thread onto the same needle two more of the 8mm bicones strung in Step 5.
Pass the thread back through the hole on the other end of the curved bar.
|Pull the needle so the beads sit into place.|
|Repeat Steps 7 - 8 with the other thread.|
|Thread onto each needle, one 8mm bicone of the second color.|
|Repeat Steps 6 - 10, alternating colors, until you have reached the desired length you would like your bracelet to be.|
|Thread the needles in opposite directions through the loop on the second-half of the clasp, crisscrossing the thread.|
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.