Bracelet with Lampworked Glass Focals and Beads and Swarovski Crystal Beads
A Bit of Glitz
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 3mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 3mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, jet, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire, 4mm bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, sapphire satin, 4mm bicone
- Drop, lampworked glass, black/purple with silver-color foil, 20mm donut
- Focal, lampworked glass, black with silver-color foil, 30mm square donut
- Focal, lampworked glass, black with silver-color foil, 40mm flower donut
- Focal, lampworked glass, black with silver-color foil, 42x35mm open falling heart
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 3.8mm round, 20.5 gauge
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 6mm round, 20 gauge
- Chain, sterling silver, 3.5mm cable
- Clasp, sterling silver toggle, 26x25mm square
- Headpin, sterling silver, 1-inch with 1.5mm ball, 24 gauge
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, side-cutting
String one black 3mm bicone crystal onto a 1-inch headpin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire, creating a 3mm black bicone crystal bead drop. Repeat to create eight drops.
Repeat to make the following bead drops, using one bead and one 1-inch headpin for each:
16 black 4mm bicone crystal bead drops
Eight sapphire 3mm bicone crystal bead drops
24 sapphire 4mm bicone crystal bead drops
24 sapphire satin 4mm bicone crystal bead drops
Using side-cutting pliers, cut four 2-1/2 inch lengths of sterling silver 3.5mm cable chain.
Using chain-nose pliers, open the loop on a 3mm black crystal bead drop. Starting half-way down from one end of one 2-1/2 inch length of sterling silver 3.5mm cable chain, pass the open loop through the link on the chain. Close the loop.
Continue adding drops, in the following pattern, working on the center 1-1/2 inches of the length of chain, graduating from smaller to larger to smaller, with the smaller drops on the ends:
Repeat, adding drops to all four of the 2-1/2 inch lengths of chain.
Two 3mm black drops
Four 4mm black drops
Two 3mm sapphire drops
Six 4mm sapphire drops
Six sapphire satin drops
Open a 6.5mm jumpring. Pass the open ring through a loop on one end of the clasp, and the hole in one of the black 20mm donut beads. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to add the other half of the clasp to the second black 20mm donut bead.
Loop one end of a 2-1/2 inch length of chain with drops through the hole on a black 20mm donut bead. Open a 3.8mm jumpring and pass it through the last link on the end of the chain and through a link in the center of the chain. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to pass the second half of the chain through the black glass heart. Open a 3.8mm jumpring and pass it through the end link of the chain and through the same link in the center of the chain. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Step 5 to connect the black heart to the black square donut, the black square donut to the black flower donut and the black flower donut to the second black 20mm donut.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.