Multi-Strand Necklace with Lampworked Glass Focal, Glass Beads and Kumihimo Imitation Silk Cord
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Pendant, lampworked glass, clear/black/green/red with copper-colored foil, 50x34mm single-sided domed round with flower and ladybug design (1 pendant)
- Bead, glass, red, 12x9mm lady bug (2 beads)
- Jumpring, aluminum, black, 6mm smooth round, 18 gauge (6 jumprings)
- Headpin, copper, 2-inch, 22 gauge (2 headpins)
- Clasp, toggle, antiqued copper-plated brass, 14mm round with flower (1 clasp)
- Cord, imitation silk, red, 1mm
- Cord, imitation silk, black, 1mm
- Chain, antiqued copper-plated brass, 4mm curb, 36 inches
- Wire, Wrapit, bright copper, dead soft, 22 gauge
- Kumihimo disk, foam, white, 4-1/4 inches round with 22mm inside hole and 32 slots
- Adhesive, G-S Hypo fabric cement
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Eight 5-inch lengths of brass chain
- Two 3-inch lengths of copper wire
Open a 6mm jumpring. Pass it through the opposite loop on the ladybug beading link and the loop on the headpin attached to the woven cord. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 9 and 10 to create the opposite side of the necklace. String the glass flower focal piece onto the woven cord, before closing the last jumpring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.