Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Magnesite Gemstone Focal, Organza Ribbon, Wirework and Antiqued Gold-Plated "Pewter" Drops
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Focal, magnesite, light blue, 40x25mm top-drilled domed rectangle with flat back (1 focal)
- Bead, antiqued gold-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 8x3mm beaded star rondelle (8 beads)
- Link, antiqued gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 12x2mm flat round (4 links)
- Drop, antiqued gold-plated brass, 15mm flat round (10 drops)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 6mm round, 20 gauge (18 jumprings)
- Clasp, toggle, antiqued gold-plated brass, 15.5x12mm smooth round (3 clasps)
- Earwire, antiqued brass-plated steel, 19mm with ball and coil, 22 gauge (2 earwires)
- Leather cord, suede lace, red, 3x1.75mm
- Organza ribbon, brown, 1/4-inch, 6mm
- Organza ribbon, gold, 1/4 inch, 6mm
- Chain, antiqued brass-plated steel, 5x3mm patterned cable link
- Wire, Zebra Wire, color-coated copper, brown, 22 gauge
- Wire, Zebra Wire, color-coated brass, gold, round, 22 gauge
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- One 12-inch and one 1-1/2 inch length of brass-plated 5x3mm patterned cable chain
- Seven 12-inch lengths of 22 gauge brown Zebra Wire™
- One 12-inch length of 22 gauge gold Zebra Wire
- One 19-inch and one 12-inch length of red suede lace
- One 12-inch length of 1/4 inch brown organza ribbon
- One 12-inch length of 1/4 inch gold organza ribbon
String four antiqued gold-plated 8mm star rondelles onto the 12-inch red suede lace. Position the beads 2-1/2 inches apart down the length of the red suede lace.
Place one end of the 12-inch round brown Zebra Wire between the layers of lace and ribbon. Wrap it tightly against the two pieces of lace, securing it around the lace and ribbons. String the first link of a 12-inch length of brass-plated 5x3mm patterned cable chain onto the wire. Continue to wrap the cord for nine or ten tight but uneven wraps.
Repeat to attach four antiqued gold-plated 15mm flat round drops to the 12-inch length of brass-plated 5x3mm patterned cable chain and one antique gold-plated 15mm flat round drop to each wire-wrapped section attached to the ends of the suede and lace strands excluding the toggle bar chain connection.
Open a 5mm jumpring. Pass it through the hole on an antique gold-plated 15mm flat round drop and one of the wire loops close to the focal component. Close the jumpring.
Fold a 2-inch length of brown organza ribbon in half. Pass the fold through the jumpring and over the bottom of the ring portion of the toggle ring. Pass the ends of the ribbon back through the fold creating a lark's head knot.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.