Angel Pin with Cat's Eye Glass Cabochon, Golden Lip Shell, Mother-of-Pearl, and Resin Focal and Wirework
-- Designer --
Anita RussellView Anita's book, ''Hand to Heart: An Easy Guide to Making Angel Pins''
To learn more about Anita Russell, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Cabochon, cat's eye glass, white, 16mm round (1 cabochon)
- Focal, golden lip shell/mother-of-pearl/resin, clear, 49x35mm-52x37mm double-sided diamond (1 focal)
- Tie tac pad, gold-plated brass, 12mm flat round pad (1 tie tac pad)
- Tie tac clutch, gold-plated, squeeze (1 tie tac clutch)
- Jumpring, gold-plated, 12mm round, 18 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Wire, Wrapit, jeweler's bronze, dead soft, 20 gauge
- Adhesive, E-6000 jewelry and craft
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
I took (4) of the excess wires at the top of the cage and fashioned the swirls just under the face.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Forming a Wire Spiral' how-to video and illustrated instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to email@example.com
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.