Single-Strand Necklace with Art Glass, Copper Foil and Origami Paper
-- Designer --
Tammy Honaman, Author, Jewelry-Making Expert and Educator, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Tammy Honaman, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Origami paper, Washi, multicolored, 3x3-inch square, 10 total patterns
- Art glass, clear, 1-inch flat round with cut edges, 0.90mm thick
- Art glass, clear, 1-1/4 inch flat round with cut edges, 0.90mm thick
- Art glass, clear, 1-1/4 x 1-1/4 inch flat square with grounded edges, 0.90mm thick
- Art glass, clear, 2x1 inch flat rectangle with grounded edges, 0.90mm thick
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 6mm round, 20.5 gauge
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 7x5mm oval, 20 gauge
- Jumpring, sterling silver, 8mm round, 16 gauge
- Ball chain connector, silver-plated brass, 3mm for use with 3.2mm ball chain
- Chain, silver-finished steel, 2.5mm fine curb
- Chain, silver-finished steel, 3.2mm ball
- Solder wire, DGS, silver/tin/copper, 3mm
- Adhesive copper foil, Venture Tape MasterFoil Plus, 5mm wide and 1mm thick with adhesive backing
- Adhesive copper foil, Venture Tape MasterFoil Plus, 7mm wide and 1mm thick with adhesive backing
- Flux, Blu-Glass, low fume
- Torch/soldering iron/hot air blower
- Flux brush, horsehair and tin, stiff bristle, 6 x 3/8 inches
- Third Hand, steel and stainless steel, 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches with 6-1/2 inch tweezers
- Tweezers, steel, 6-1/2x1 inches with fiber grip
- Pliers, flat-nose
Heatproof work surface
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.