Ornament with Wirework, Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads and Brown Lip Shell Bead
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, brown lip shell, 30mm flat round (1 bead)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, light red, 6mm round (11 beads)
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, emerald green, 6mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 3mm smooth round (17 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 8mm smooth heishi (2 beads)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 4mm heishi (1 bead)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 5mm heishi (1 bead)
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 6mm heishi (1 bead)
- Crimp, gold-plated brass, 2x1.5mm round (2 crimps)
- Crimp cover, gold-plated brass, 3mm (2 crimp covers)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (14 headpins)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 3-inch, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Wire, anodized aluminum, purple, 4x1.2mm flat
- Wire, anodized aluminum, gold, 4x1.2mm flat
- Wire, anodized aluminum, copper, 4x1.2mm flat
- Wire, anodized aluminum, silver, 4x1.2mm flat
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, gold color, round, 20 gauge
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, Crater Lake blue, 49 strand, 0.019-inch
- Adhesive, epoxy, Araldite Standard Epoxy, 2-part, 90-minute
- Pliers, hole punch
- Pliers, nylon jaw
- Pliers, wire-wrapping
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, crimping
- One 11-inch length of 4mm flat purple aluminum wire
- One 12-inch length of 4mm flat gold aluminum wire
- One 11-inch length of 4mm flat copper aluminum wire
- One 11-inch length of 4mm flat silver aluminum wire
- One 8-inch length of 20-gauge gold Zebra Wire™
Using hole-punch pliers punch seven 1.8mm holes along the bottom edge of the wire and eleven evenly spaced holes every 1/4 inch up each side, one hole through both overlapping pieces of wire at the top left and top right and one hole through the top of the "V" shape through both pieces of wire where they overlap.
Punch two 1.8mm holes along the end of the gold wire 1/4 inch apart starting 1/16 inch from the end of the wire and punch one hole in the center of the 5-inch section of wire arc.
Punch one 1.8mm hole in the center of the wire.
Punch one 1.8mm hole in the center of the wire.
Repeat to attach a 6mm faceted round emerald glass bead drop through each of the seven holes on the bottom of the body.
Open the loop on a 6mm faceted round light red glass bead drop. Pass it through the loop on the first 6mm faceted round emerald glass bead drop. Close the loop. Repeat to attach one 6mm faceted round light red glass bead drop to each of the seven 6mm faceted round emerald glass bead drops.
Pass each of the wires through the second hole back to the inside of the body. String onto the wire from the right, one gold-plated 3mm round bead, one 6mm faceted round emerald glass bead and one gold-plated 3mm round bead. String the wire from the left through the three beads going in the opposite direction and pass each wire out the next hole up. Continue to lace the wire back and forth through the holes alternating light red and emerald green glass beads.
When the wire comes through the ninth set of holes string onto the wire one crimp, one 6mm faceted round emerald glass bead and one crimp, and then continue lacing the wire.
When the wire comes out of the eleventh set of holes, pass them through the second set of holes on the gold wings, back through the first set of holes on the gold wings before going through the twelfth set of holes on the body and a single 6mm faceted round light red glass bead. Bring the wire back down through the eleventh set of holes and pass the wire from the left back through the crimps.
Pull the wire tight against the crimp. Place a small amount of adhesive inside the crimp (optional).
Using the crimping pliers crimp the crimp tubes. Using flush-cutters trim the excess wire from the short end.
Place a 3mm gold-plated crimp cover over the crimp tube then gently close it.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.