Multi-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Multicolored Tourmaline Gemstone Beads, Antiqued Pewter Charms and Brass Focals
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, multicolored tourmaline, 2.5x2mm faceted rondelle (86 beads)
- Bead, multicolored tourmaline, 7x5mm faceted oval (26 beads)
- Bead, multicolored tourmaline, 7x5mm flat faceted teardrop (6 beads)
- Bead, quartz crystal, pink AB, 9x9mm-11x11mm hand-cut graduated flat teardrop (6 beads)
- Bead, antiqued gold-plated brass, 50x3mm curved tube (1 bead)
- Charm, antiqued brass-finished pewter (tin-based alloy), 24x12mm double-sided skeleton key (3 charms)
- Focal, antiqued gold-plated pewter (tin-based alloy), 38x31mm cherub with loop (1 focal)
- Focal, brass, 32x32mm double-sided flat square blank with (2) 4x2mm holes (1 focal)
- Focal, brass, 35x16mm double-sided flat rounded rectangle blank with (2) 4x2mm holes (2 focals)
- Focal, antiqued gold-plated brass, 40x27mm double-sided filigree teardrop, 6 loops (1 focal)
- Brad, antiqued brass, 7x4mm flat head, 16 gauge (8 brads)
- Bail, antiqued gold-plated brass, 11x10mm double-sided textured with closed loop (1 bail)
- Cord end, antiqued gold-plated steel, 5x4.5mm bend style tube with loop, 4mm hole (2 cord ends)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 22 gauge (9 jumprings)
- Jumpring, antiqued gold-plated brass, 5mm round, 22 gauge (21 jumprings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antiqued gold-plated brass, 12x7mm (1 clasp)
- Earwire, antiqued gold-plated brass, 16mm flat fishhook with coil and open loop, 22 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, antiqued brass-finished steel, 3x2mm flat cable link
- Chain, antiqued gold-plated brass, 8mm round
- Wire, Zebra Wire, brass, gold color, round, 28 gauge
- Tool, steel, 3-3/4x3/4 inch square bench block
- Ball peen hammer
- Hole punch pliers, EURO TOOL
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Thirty-eight 3-inch lengths, six 6-inch lengths and two 20-inch lengths of 28-gauge brass Zebra Wire™
- Two 6-inch lengths and two 17-inch lengths of antiqued brass-plated flat cable chain
- Two 7-inch lengths of antiqued brass-plated 8mm circle link chain
Punch one hole on each side of the upper oval hole on the 32x32mm square link.
Repeat to punch one hole on each side of the oval hole on one end of a 35x16mm rectangle link in the same positions as the 32x32mm square link.
Punch one hole on the bottom portion of the 40x27mm filigree teardrop on the left side between the second and third beaded fringe. Repeat on the right side of the teardrop.
Using a pair of round-nose pliers, while holding the 35x16mm rectangle link, work the rectangle into a tube to create a bail, ending with the front hole level with the holes on the square and back of the rectangle. (This will cover the rivets between the sheets.)
String onto the wire fifteen 2.5mm rondelle tourmaline beads. Pass the wire down through the second hole on the right side and back up through the third hole on the right side.
String onto the wire fifteen 2.5mm rondelle tourmaline beads. Pass the wire down through the first hole on the left side and back up through the second hole on the left side.
String onto the wire fifteen 2.5mm rondelle tourmaline beads. Pass the wire down through the third hole on the right side and back up through the fifth hole on the right side.
String onto the wire fifteen 2.5mm rondelle tourmaline beads. Pass the wire down through the second hole on the left side and back up through the first hole on the left side.
Repeat to attach one 2.5mm rondelle tourmaline bead to the top of each of the first five punched holes on both the right and left side of the 32x32mm square link (except the bottom holes). Wrap the end of the wire through the last set of holes for four to five wraps to secure in place.
String one 9x9mm flat teardrop tourmaline bead onto a 6-inch length of wire. Using a pair of round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers and flush-cutters make the first loop of the briolette wrapped loop. Pass the loop through on the angel drops hand. Finish the briolette wrapped loop to hold the bead in place.
Repeat to create five sets of wrapped beading links with 9x9mm flat teardrop tourmaline briolette wrapped drops.
Repeat to attach a set of 9x9mm flat teardrop tourmaline briolette wrapped drops to the punched holes on the bottom left and right portion of the 40x27mm filigree teardrop, the center hole on the bottom of the 40x27mm filigree tear drop and the bottom right punched hole on the 32x32mm square link.
Repeat to create a chain of twenty-six 7x5mm faceted oval tourmaline wrapped beading links, graduating the colors.
Pass the bail over the two 17-inch antiqued brass-plated flat cable chains.
Repeat to attach the two 3-inch lengths of antiqued brass-plated flat cable chain to the first link on the second 7-inch length of antiqued brass-plated 8mm circle link chain.
Open a 4mm jumpring. Pass it through the three 5mm jumprings. Close the jumpring.
Open a 5mm jumpring. Pass it through the 4mm jumpring and the loop on a key charm. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach two 5mm jumprings next to the first 5mm jumpring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.