Brooch with Mother-of-Pearl Bead, Everlasting Green Curly Shell and Gold-Plated Brass Drops and Cones
-- Designer --
Esther, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, mother-of-pearl, mixed colors, 10mm flat round (1 bead)
- Bead, everlasting green curly shell, large (1 bead)
- Bead cap, gold-finished aluminum, 8mm round, for 10-12mm bead (2 bead caps)
- Drop, gold-plated brass, 15mm round go-go (1 drop)
- Cone, gold-plated brass, 16x16mm fancy filigree cone, fits 13-15mm bead (2 cones)
- Link, gold-plated brass, 18x17mm fancy diamond (1 link)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal, jet, silver-foil back, 2.6mm round, SS9 (1 flat back)
- Headpin mix, silver-plated brass with epoxy, mixed colors, 24mm long with 3mm round (1 headpin)
- Pin back, gold-plated steel, 1-inch with locking bar (1 pin back)
- Molding compound, Apoxie Sculpt, 2-part epoxy, pink, bronze, orange and natural
- Wax paste, Gilders Paste, Inca gold
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 gel
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
Repeat to create a second set of wings.
Make sure to use proper ventilation when using this product.
Form a pea-sized circle of Apoxie and press it into the center on the front of the fancy diamond link. Press the everlasting green curly shell into the Apoxie creating the skirt of the angel.
Note: Thin out with paint thinner or mineral spirits to transform the highly concentrated paste to a preferred consistency. Use in a well-ventilated area.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Glues'' how-to video and instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.