Bracelet with Gold-Finished "Pewter" and Enamel Charm, Seed Beads and Kumihimo Waxed Cotton Cord
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
: : : Materials : : :
- Charm, gold-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, red/white/blue, 28x16mm ''USA'' with stars (1 charm)
- Seed bead, Matsuno, red, transparent, #6 round (46 seed beads)
- Seed bead, Matsuno, cobalt, transparent, #6 round (46 seed beads)
- Cord end, gold-finished brass, 8x6mm with 5mm inside diameter (2 cord ends)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 5mm round, 22 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 8mm twisted round, 16 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 12x7mm with swivel (1 clasp)
- Cord, waxed cotton, white, 0.5mm
- Wire, Zebra Wire, silver-finished copper, round, 24 gauge
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 Gel
- Kumihimo disk, foam, white, 4-1/4 inch round with 22mm inside hole and 32 slots
- Huggy Spool, soft plastic, clear, 2-1/2 inch round with 3/4 inch hole
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Using flush-cutters, cut two 6-inch lengths of gold Zebra Wire™.
- Remove the cord from slot #32 then thread twenty-three red #6 seed beads onto the cord and push them down to the bottom. Set cord back into slot #32. Repeat for slot 16.
- Wind your cords and beaded cords onto Huggy Spool® bobbins to help avoid tangling
- Hang a fishing weight from the tail of your cord to help maintain constant tension
- Bottom left #17 up to top left #31--now there are three strands at the top
- Move top right #1 down to bottom right #15
- Rotate disc counter clockwise 1/4 turn. The East slots #8 and #9 are now at the top.
- Move strand from slot #25 up to slot #7
- Repeat to move strand from slot #9 down to slot #23
- Rotate disc counter clockwise 1/4 turn. South slots #16 and #17 are now at the top.
- Repeat this pattern of "left up, right down, rotate" until you reach 1-1/4 inches in braid length
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''How to Make a Spiral Kumihimo Braid'' illustrated instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.