Slap-On Bracelet with Duck Tape®, Glass Beads and Acrylic Beads
-- Designer --
Jude, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, glass, assorted colors, butterfly, small (4 beads)
- Bead mix, acrylic with stardust finish, mixed colors and shapes (4 beads)
- Bracelet, slap-on, steel and plastic, white, 1 inch wide, 8-1/4 inches (1 bracelet)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine Crystal, crystal, 0.13mm diameter
- Duct tape, Duck Tape, plastic / poly-cotton cloth / rubber, multicolored, 48mm wide with splatter pattern
- Needle, high carbon steel, six of each size, 1-5/8 inch (#15), 2-inch (#12) and 2-3/16 inch (#10)
- Craft knife set, three handles, 13 blades in plastic carrying case
Pass the thread under the tape to position a blue butterfly glass bead 1/2 inch to the left of the previous bead.
Continue to pass the thread through the tape from the back to the front to attach acrylic and glass beads in a random pattern to the center 4-1/2 inches on the front of the tape. Attach the tape to the length of the bracelet as you attach the beads to the front. Tie the tail of the thread around the insert thread after the last bead using two overhand knots to secure the thread in place.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Knots Tutorial'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.