Bib-Style Necklace and Earring Set with Chevron Amethyst Gemstone Beads, Antiqued Copper-Finished "Pewter" Links and Copper Sheet
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
: : : Materials : : :
- Bead, chevron amethyst, 6mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, chevron amethyst, 8mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, chevron amethyst, 19x12mm oval (4 beads)
- Bead, chevron amethyst, 20x20mm square (1 bead)
- Bead, copper, 3mm corrugated round (20 beads)
- Bead, antiqued copper-plated copper, 4x1mm rondelle (20 beads)
- Link, antiqued copper-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 8x8mm double-sided flower (16 links)
- Brad, antiqued brass, 7x4mm flat head, 16 gauge (16 brads)
- Jumpring, shiny copper, 5x4.5mm oval, 22 gauge (28 jumprings)
- Jumpring, shiny copper, 8mm round, 16 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Headpin, copper, 2-inch with 1.5mm ball, 22 gauge (15 headpins)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antiqued copper-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 22x12mm with double-sided smooth rectangle design (1 clasp)
- Earwire, antiqued copper, fishhook with 5x4mm teardrop and loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, antiqued copper-finished steel, 2.4mm ball, 27 inches with two connectors
- Sheet, copper, half-hard with mirror finish, 6x6-inch square, 26 gauge
- Adhesive, Loctite 409 Gel
- Jeweler saw
- Saw blade, steel, sizes 1/0 to 6/0, 5 inches
- Needle files
- Micro-mesh sanding pads, 2x2-inch square, 1500-12000 grit
- Ball peen hammer
- Horn anvil, steel
- Tool, rotary grinding and polishing set with case
- Bench-pin combo set, steel with wooden pin
- Pliers, EUROTOOL, hole punch, hardened steel, 5 inches with 1.5mm round punch
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Repeat to punch three holes on the opposite top edge of crescent focal piece starting 1-1/4 inches from the right tab.
Repeat to punch five holes on the bottom edge of crescent focal piece starting 1-3/4 inches from the left tab (directly below the right point of the first marquise cutout) with each hole starting 3/8 inch from the previous hole.
Repeat to punch five holes on the bottom edge of crescent focal piece starting 1-3/4 inches from the right tab with each hole starting 3/8 inch from the previous hole.
Repeat to attach a chevron amethyst 19x12mm oval wrapped loop beading link inside each of the marquise cutouts and a chevron amethyst 20x20mm square wrapped loop bead drop in the rectangle cutout on the focal piece.
Repeat to create eight chevron amethyst 6mm round beading links using one copper 3mm corrugated round bead, one antiqued copper-plated 4x1mm rondelle, one chevron amethyst 6mm round bead, one antiqued copper-plated 4x1mm rondelle and one copper 3mm corrugated round bead on a 1-inch eyepin.
- Three sets of one chevron amethyst 6mm round beading link and one chevron amethyst 8mm round beading link
- One chevron amethyst 6mm round beading link
- The bail on the right side of the crescent focal piece
Repeat to create two chevron amethyst 6mm round bead drops using one copper 3mm corrugated round bead, one antiqued copper-plated 4x1mm rondelle, one chevron amethyst 6mm round bead, one antiqued copper-plated 4x1mm rondelle and one copper 3mm corrugated round bead on a 2-inch eyepin.
Open a 5x4.5mm oval jumpring. Pass it through the bottom loop on the chevron amethyst 8mm round beading link and the loop on a chevron amethyst 6mm round bead drop. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
- ''Glues'' how-to video and instructions
- ''Riveting With a Wire Rivet'' how-to video and instructions
- ''Inserting a Saw Blade into a Jeweler's Saw Frame'' how-to video and illustrated instructions
- ''Sawing Metal'' how-to video and instructions
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads is proud to feature your artwork, and we invite you to submit images of your favorite projects to the Customer photographs section. Here's how you can be included:
- Email your name and attached image to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please describe your project (e.g.: necklace, bracelet, home decor) and include the main components of your design if known.
- If you've named your piece, please let us know!
- Photos should be a minimum of 500x500 pixels or (6.94 inches)
- To best showcase your artwork, place dark designs on a ligh background and light artwork on a dark background
- For additional photography tips, click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the artistic credit of the artwork displayed here, please contact us at email@example.com.