Bracelet with Swarovski® Crystals and Kumihimo Imitation Silk Cord
-- Designer --
Rose, Jewelry Production Specialist, Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Rose Wingenbach, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, gold-finished brass, 12x6mm cone with square pattern, 5mm hole (2 beads)
- Seed bead, Toho Beads, glass, silver-lined translucent peridot, #11 round
- Charm, gold-plated brass, 8mm clover (1 charm)
- Focal, enamel / Swarovski® crystals / gold-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), green and crystal clear, 47x39mm single-sided open 4-leaf clover (1 focal)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm soldered round, 2.4mm inside diameter, 20 gauge (3 jumprings)
- Headpin, gold-plated brass, 2 inches, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Clasp, button, gold-plated brass, 7.5mm round (1 clasp)
- Thread, Nymo, nylon, black, size OO
- Cord, imitation silk, white, 1mm
- Cord, imitation silk, light green, 1mm
- Cord, Satinique, satin, dark green, 1mm mini
- Adhesive, E6000 Fray Lock, crystal clear
- Kumihimo disk, EVA foam
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Use one 4mm jumpring to attach one 8mm clover charm to the loop on the single-sided open 4-leaf clover.
Cut the following:
Two 18-inch lengths of white 1mm imitation silk cord
Two 18-inch lengths of light green 1mm imitation silk cord
Two 18-inch lengths of dark green 1mm satin Satinique™ mini cord
Two 3-inch lengths of Nymo® thread
Match up one end of one 18-inch length of cord of each color. Fold the lengths in half and form a lark's head knot around one leaf of the shamrock.
Place knotted end of the cords through the center of the Kumihimo disc. Secure the cords in the slots in the disc according to the spiral braid, with the green Satinique cord on opposite sides.
Weave the basic 8-cord spiral braid until the braid is approximately 2-inches.
Place a 2-inch headpin into the center of the braid, with the head of the pin inserted first, then continue the basic braid until the braid is approximately 1/2 inch in total length.
Remove the cords from the disc. Wrap the end with a length of Nymo thread 2 or 3 times, close around the headpin then form a basic knot. Apply a small amount of E6000® Fray Lock™ adhesive to secure the Nymo thread knot around the braid. Trim the excess cord and thread being careful not to cut the headpin.
String onto the exposed headpin: one 12x6mm cone and one #11 seed bead. Form a wrapped loop.
Use a 4mm jumpring to attach one portion of the button clasp to the wrapped loop, completing the first half of the bracelet.
Repeat Steps 3 - 8 using the opposite clover leaf to finish the bracelet.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.