Triple-Strand Necklace with Antiqued Silver-Plated Beads and Drops, Coral Gemstone Beads and Woven Cotton Cord
-- Designer --
Marlynn McNutt, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Marlynn McNutt, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, coral, red, 4.5-5mm round (10 beads)
- Bead, antiqued ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 13x9mm filigree tube with loop (1 bead)
- Drop, antiqued silver-plated ''pewter,'' 25mm single-sided flat round with engraved turtle
- Clasp, silver-plated brass, 25x10mm hook-and-eye, single flat wire (1 drop)
- Cord tip, silver-plated, 10x5x4.5mm bend style (2 cord tips)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 5mm round, 18 gauge (3 jumprings)
- Thread, Berkley FireLine, smoke, 0.15mm diameter
- Cord, woven cotton, brown, 2mm round
- Adhesive, G-S hypo cement
- Beading needles, #10, 2-1/4 inch
- FiberFuse™ thread burner
- Pliers, flush-cutting
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
Using a pair of scissors, cut three 18-inch lengths of cotton cord.
Holding all three cords together, place a dab of G-S Hypo cement onto the ends. Place a cord end over the ends so all three are inside the cord end. Set this assembly aside carefully and allow to dry.
Using the FiberFuse™ Thread Burner, cut an 8-inch length of FireLine. Place a needle onto one end of the FireLine.
Thread five coral beads onto the FireLine. Pass the needle and thread back through the beads to strengthen the loop and form a ring. Tie the ends together using a surgeon's knot. Add a drop of G-S Hypo cement to the knot.
Use the FiberFuse™ Thread Burner to trim the ends of the thread once the cement has dried.
Repeat Step 3 to create a second ring.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open a jumpring. Pass the open ring through the loop on a turtle pendant and a filigree tube with loop. Close the jumpring.
String onto the open end of the tri-cord necklace, one of the coral rings, the filigree tube and the second coral ring.
Repeat Step 2 to attach the second cord end. Allow the cement to dry fully before moving to Step 8.
Open one jumpring and pass the open ring through the loop on a cord end and the loop on one half of the clasp. Close the ring. Repeat to attach the second half of the clasp to the other cord end. Center the pendant and coral rings.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.