Christmas Tree Earrings with Swarovski Crystal
A Christmas Tree Story
-- Designer --
Jamie, Jewelry Production Specialist, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Jamie Smedley, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Siam, 4mm Xilion bicone
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, white opal AB, 6x6mm cube
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, emerald, 6x2mm marguerite lochrose flower
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, emerald, 8x3mm marguerite lochrose flower
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, emerald, 10x3.5mm marguerite lochrose flower
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, emerald, 12x4mm marguerite lochrose flower
- Headpin, 14Kt gold-filled, 2-inch, 24 gauge
- Earwire, 14Kt gold-filled, flat fishhook with 5x2mm coil and open loop, 22 gauge
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
String the following onto one headpin:
One 6x6mm cube
One 12mm flower
One 10mm flower
One 8mm flower
One 6mm flower
One tree topper bead
Place your round-nose pliers, horizontally, above the 4mm bicone near the top of the headpin. Bend the headpin to a 90-degree angle. Turn the pliers so they are now vertical in the angled section.
Bring the tip of the headpin up and over the top jaw of the pliers so the wire is now facing downward. Turn the pliers so they are horizontal again. Continue to bring the tip of the headpin around the barrel so the wire is now formed in a loop and the end is back out and at a 90-degree angle.
Remove the round-nose pliers. Grip across the loop with the chain-nose pliers. Grip the tip of the headpin with the flat-nose pliers and wrap the headpin around the straight length of wire below the loop, making approximately three tightly wound wraps.
Using flush-cutters, trim any excess wire, then press in the cut end with the chain-nose pliers.
Using the chain-nose pliers, open the loop on the bottom of the earwire. Slip the loop above the tree onto the open earwire loop; close the loop to secure the tree dangle.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to make the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.