Earrings with Silver-Colored "Pewter" Focals and Swarovski Crystal Beads and Drops
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose, 8mm round (2 beads)
- Drop, Swarovski crystal, rose, 10mm heart (2 drops)
- Focal, silver-colored ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 33x31mm single-sided open heart with floral border and center loop (2 focals)
- Bead cap, silver-plated brass, 7mm flower (4 bead caps)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 5.5mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 19mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 4mm coil with open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
On a 1-inch silver-plated eyepin, string one 7mm silver-plated bead cap, one Swarovski 8mm round rose bead and one 7mm silver-plated bead cap. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire to create a beading link.
Open the loop on a silver-plated earwire and connect it to one loop of the beading link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the beading link and connect it to the top loop of the silver-colored heart focal. Close the loop.
Open a 5.5mm silver-plated jumpring and pass it through the hole on a Swarovski 10mm crystal heart drop and the inside loop of the silver-color heart focal. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 1 - 4 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.