Earrings with Swarovski Crystal Beads and Czech Pressed Glass Beads
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, silver-plated brass, 3mm smooth round (2 beads)
- Bead, silver-plated brass, 4mm smooth round (2 beads)
- Bead, Czech pressed glass, light red, 6.5x6x4mm heart (20 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, light Siam, 12mm diagonally-drilled wild heart (2 beads)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 3/4 inch with 1.5mm ball, 24 gauge (20 headpins)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (4 eyepins)
- Headpin, silver-plated brass, 2-inch, 21 gauge (2 headpins)
- Jumpring, silver-plated, 4mm round, 22 gauge (14 jumprings)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 17mm leverback with 8x4mm shell and open loop (2 earwires)
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
String one 3mm round silver-plated bead onto a 1-inch eyepin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire to create a 3mm round bead beading link.
Repeat using one 4mm round silver-plated bead and one 1-inch eyepin to create one 4mm round bead beading link.
Open one loop on the 3mm round bead beading link and connect it to the loop of the hinged earwire. Close the loop.
String one 6.5x6mm glass heart bead onto one 1.5-inch silver-plated ballpin and form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire to create a 6.5x6mm glass heart bead drop.
Repeat for a total of ten glass heart bead drops.
Repeat using one 12mm Swarovski wild heart crystal bead and one 2-inch headpin to create a 12mm crystal heart drop.
Open a 4mm round silver-plated jumpring and attach it to the bottom loop of the 3mm round bead beading link and the loop of two 6.5x6mm glass heart bead drops. Close the jumpring. Repeat, connecting 4 sets of 6.5x6mm glass heart drops and jumprings to create a jumpring and bead drop chain.
Open one 4mm jumpring and attach it to the last 4mm jumpring. Close the jumpring.
Add a jumpring to a loop on the 4mm round bead beading link and attach it to the jumpring added in Step 5. Close the loop. Open the opposite loop on the 4mm round bead beading link and attach it to the loop of the 12mm crystal heart bead drop. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to create the second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.