Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, gold-plated brass, 4mm heishi (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal and gold-plated brass, crystal AB, 4mm rondelle (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, purple velvet, 6mm round (1 bead)
- Sew-on component, Swarovski crystal and gold-plated brass, purple velvet and crystal clear, 38mm filigree flower (3 sew-on components)
- Headpin mix, Swarovski crystal rhinestone and gold-plated brass, mixed colors/sizes, 2.5mm/3.2mm/4.2mm round, PP 18/24/32, 1-1/2 inches, 24 and 21 gauge (1 headpin)
- Jumpring, gold-plated, 5mm round, 20 gauge (3 jumprings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 10.5x6.5mm (1 clasp)
- Earwire, gold-plated brass, 18mm kidney with 6x4mm leaf with closed loop, 24 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, gold-plated brass, 3x2.5mm cable
- Chain, gold-filled, 4x3mm flat cable
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Using flush-cutters cut one 17-inch length of gold-finished brass 3x2.5mm cable chain and one 2-inch length of gold-filled 4x3mm flat cable chain.
String one Swarovski crystal purple velvet 6mm round bead and one Swarovski crystal and gold-plated crystal AB 4mm rondelle onto one gold-plated and Swarovski crystal rhinestone headpin. Pass the wire through the first link on the 2-inch length of chain and using round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers and flush-cutters, form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wire creating a beading drop attached to the chain.
Using round-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open one gold-plated 5mm round jumpring and pass it through the first link on the 18-inch length of chain and the loop on one gold-plated lobster claw clasp. Close the jumpring.
Using round-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open one gold-plated 5mm round jumpring and pass it through the last link on the 18-inch length of chain and the last link on the 2-inch length of chain. Close the jumpring. Repeat to add a second jumpring for double jumprings.
Open one gold-plated jumpring and pass it through one loop on the Swarovski crystal and gold-plated 38mm filigree flower sew-on component and the link of the 18-inch length of chain 8-1/2 inches from the lobster claw clasp. Close the jumpring.
Using chain-nose pliers and flat-nose pliers, open the loop on one gold-plated earwire and pass it through one loop on a Swarovski crystal and gold-plated 38mm filigree flower sew-on component. Close the loop.
Repeat to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.