Multi-Strand Necklace with Swarovski Crystal and Dione® Large-Hole Beads
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Dione, gold-finished brass and Czech crystal, crystal AB, 12mm rondelle (4 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, light green, 3mm round (400 pearls)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal, dark green, 3mm round (400 pearls)
- Focal, Swarovski crystal, crystal bronze shade, 38mm disk (1 focal)
- Clasp, triggerless springring, gold-plated brass, 34x17mm double-sided textured crescent with bell ends and bar (1 clasp)
- Thread, Silkon, bonded nylon, heavyweight #3, green
- Beading wire, Accu-Flex, clear, 49 strand, 0.019-inch
- Adhesive, E-6000 Jewelry and Craft
- Bead stoppers
- Wide-Eye Needles
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, crimping
Using flush-cutters, cut one 4-inch length of Accu-Flex® professional-quality beading wire and four 24-inch lengths of Silkon® thread.
Place a bead stopper on the ends of two 24-inch lengths of #3 green Silkon thread. Thread a Wide-Eye Needle™ onto the opposite end of the thread and string 22 inches of Swarovski crystal light green 3mm round pearls on each length of thread.
Pass both strands of pearls through the center of one Swarovski crystal bronze shade 38mm round disk pendant focal. Bring all four ends of the thread together; remove bead stopper and string onto all four ends of thread and over the strung pearls, two Dione gold-finished and crystal AB rondelle beads. Secure all four thread ends with bead stopper.
Using E-6000® Jewelry and Craft Adhesive glue the rondelle beads securely in place approximately 1/2 inch above the 38mm round disk pendant focal.
Tie all four ends of thread together in an overhand knot. Use a 4-inch length of Accu-Flex to feed the tied ends of thread through the bar inside the clasp's bell end cap. Knot and glue thread ends securely inside the bell end cap.
Repeat Steps 2 - 5 using Swarovski crystal dark green 3mm round pearls to complete the second half of the necklace.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.