Bracelet with Shrinkable Plastic, Swarovski® Crystals and Seed Beads
-- Designer --
Kristal Wick, Jewelry Designer and Instructor and Swarovski crystal Ambassador
To learn more about Kristal Wick, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Capri blue, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, blue zircon, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Pacific opal, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, Indian red, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, tanzanite, 6mm Xilion bicone (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, violet AB, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, rose, 6mm Xilion bicone (1 bead)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, purple velvet, 6mm Xilion bicone (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal, peridot, 6mm Xilion bicone (1 bead)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, crystal AB, silver-foil back, 3.9mm round, SS16 (7 flat backs)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal, crystal AB, silver-foil back, 3.2mm round (7 flat backs)
- Seed bead, Miyuki, glass, opaque black, #15 rocaille (28 seed beads)
- Jumpring, aluminum, black, 5mm smooth round, 20 gauge (14 jumprings)
- Jumpring, aluminum, black, 8mm smooth round, 16 gauge (29 jumprings)
- Dione Easy-On Chain, gunmetal-plated brass, 2.6mm snake chain, end caps with 3.3mm threaded end and lobster claw clasp, 7-1/2 inch
- Jewelry art film, shrinkable plastic, clear, 10x8-inch rectangle
- Adhesive, Epoxy, Devcon Jeweler's 5-minute, 2-part
- Non-stick art sheet, Teflon, white, 12x12-inch square
- Toaster oven, Hamilton Beach Easy Reach, plastic / stainless steel / tempered glass, black, 120V/1200W, 15-3/4 x 8-3/4 x 12 inches
- Tools, hole punch
- Pliers, flat-nose
Using the marker, trace or draw cupcake images on frosted shrinkable plastic page, keeping in mind how much shrinkage there will be after heating.
Note: You can find great copyright free cupcake clipart on the Internet.
Using colored pencils, color cupcakes in.
There are two ways to add a hole to your cupcake so it can be used as a dangle: punch a hole right in the cupcake or leave a border to accommodate a hole outside of the cupcake.
Cut out the cupcakes leaving a small border around the black line. Place the cupcakes onto a piece of Teflon® then bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
Note: To prevent curling when you remove cupcakes from the oven, press something heavy, metal and flat on top of cupcakes when still hot or warm (I use an Altoid® tin).
Glue flat backs onto shiny side of cupcake and let dry.
Attach small jumprings to each cupcake.
Onto a headpin, string a seed bead, crystal and a seed bead then make a wrapped loop to create a beaded dangle. Repeat to create a total of 14 crystal dangles.
Add large jumprings to all cupcakes and crystal dangles.
Unscrew the end of Dione® Easy-On chain then load it up with alternating crystals and cupcakes.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.