Single-Strand Necklace and Earring Set with Celestial Crystal® Drops and Focals and Sterling Silver Bails
Art Deco Delight
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Drop, glass, clear vitrail with silver-colored foil back, 22x12mm stellar (2 drops)
- Focal, glass, clear vitrail with silver-foil back, 36x19mm double-sided stellar (5 focals)
- Bail, ice-pick, sterling silver, 14x8mm fancy triangle with post insert, 9mm grip length (5 bails)
- Jumpring, imitation nickel-plated brass, 6mm round, 18 gauge (2 jumprings)
- Jumpring mix, silver-plated brass, 3-12mm round, 18-22 gauge (4 jumprings)
- Clasp, lobster claw, antiqued silver-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), 25x13mm with double-sided swirl design (1 clasp)
- Earwire, silver-plated brass, 17mm leverback with 8x4mm shell and open loop (2 earwires)
- Chain, silver-plated brass, 14mm and 10mm rounds
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
This jewelry set makes a statement without saying a word, speaking volumes to the current holographic, oil slick and mirror surface jewelry trend and giving off an aire of edgy sophistication. The spectacular vitrail finish ...
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers separate one 22-inch length of silver-plated brass 14mm and 10mm round chain with a 10mm round link on each end.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers open two imitation nickel-plated 6mm jumprings.
Pass one jumpring through the loop on one antiqued silver-finished lobster claw clasp and the last link on one end of the 22-inch length of chain. Close the jumpring. Repeat to attach a second jumpring creating double jumprings.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers pass one antiqued sterling silver ice-pick bail through the fifteenth 14mm link (approximately 6 inches counting from the clasp) on the 22-inch length of chain.
||Line up the pegs on the antiqued sterling silver ice-pick bail with the hole in one Celestial Crystal® vitrail 36x19mm stellar focal. Pinch the legs of the bail together and press firmly to secure the focal.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to add vitrail 36x19mm stellar focals to every fourth 14mm link.
Using a pair of chain-nose pliers and bent-nose pliers open two silver-plated 8mm jumprings and two 12mm jumprings from the jumpring mix.
Pass one 8mm jumpring through the hole in one Celestial Crystal vitrail 22x12mm stellar drop. Close the jumpring.
Pass one 12mm jumpring through the loop on one silver-plated leverback earwire and the 8mm jumpring on the Celestial Crystal vitrail 22x12mm stellar drop. Close the jumpring.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.