Single-Strand Necklace with Glass Rhinestone and Gold-Finished Brass Bead, Gold-Finished Brass Chain and Czech Fire-Polished Glass Bead
-- Designer --
To learn more about Gulten Dye, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, ruby red, 12mm faceted round (1 bead)
- Bead, glass rhinestone and gold-finished brass, ruby red and emerald green, 32x13mm cylinder with 3mm chatons, 7.5mm hole (1 bead)
- Bead cap, gold-plated brass, 11x10mm long filigree, for 12-14mm bead (1 bead cap)
- Bead cap, gold-plated brass, 15x10mm leaf, fits 15-18mm bead (1 bead cap)
- Bead tip, gold-plated brass, 4x2.5mm side clamp-on with double loop (8 bead tips)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 8mm round, 18 gauge (1 jumpring)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 4-inch, 21 gauge (1 eyepin)
- Clasp, lobster claw, gold-plated brass, 18x12mm (1 clasp)
- Cord, nylon with smooth satin finish, black, 5mm twisted
- Chain, gold-finished brass, 1.5mm faceted ball, 18 inches with 1-inch extender chain and lobster claw clasp
- Adhesive, G-S Hypo cement. Sold per 1/3 fluid ounce tube
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, bent-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Do you find yourself always reaching for the same piece of jewelry? A particular ''holiday necklace'' you pull out year after year ...
Using flush-cutters cut eight 2-1/2 inch lengths of gold-finished 1.5mm ball chain.
||Open one gold-plated 4x2.5mm side clamp-on bead tip. Place the last ball on one end of a length of gold-finished 1.5mm ball chain inside the bead tip. Place a small amount of glue inside the bead tip and gently close the bead tip.
Repeat to attach a bead tip to a total of eight 2-1/2 inch lengths of gold-finished 1.5mm ball chain.
||Using a pair of bent-nose pliers and chain-nose pliers open one gold-plated 8mm jumpring. Pass the jumpring through the loop on all eight bead tips and the loop on one gold-plated 4-inch eyepin. Close the jumpring.
||String onto the straight end of the eyepin, one gold-plated 15x10mm leaf bead cap (open end facing the gold-plated 8mm jumpring). Press the leaves of the bead cap around the jumpring so it, and the loops on the bead tips, are hidden.
Continue to string the following onto the straight end of the eyepin:
One glass rhinestone ruby red and green 32x13mm cylinder bead
One gold-plated 11x10mm filigree bead cap (open end facing away from the glass rhinestone bead
One Czech fire-polished glass red 12mm round bead (forming the bead cap around the 12mm round bead)
||Using a pair of chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers and flush-cutters begin to form a wrapped loop on the straight end of the eyepin. String the loop on one gold-plated 18x12mm lobster claw clasp through the loop of the eyepin and finish the wrapped loop.
||Attach the gold-plated 18x12mm lobster claw clasp to one black 5mm 18-inch nylon cord.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.