Earrings with Gold-Plated "Pewter" and Enamel Charms, Gold-Plated Brass Links and Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, emerald green, 6mm faceted round (8 beads)
- Charm, gold-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy) and enamel, green, 8x7mm single-sided 3-leaf clover with glitter (6 charms)
- Link, gold-plated brass, 15x12mm oval cage (2 links)
- Eyepin, gold-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Jumpring, gold-plated brass, 4mm round, 20 gauge (8 jumprings)
- Earwire, gold-plated stainless steel, 20mm fishhook with 3mm ball and 4mm coil with open loop, 21 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, brass-finished steel, 2.2mm cable
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
Using flush-cutters, cut the following lengths of brass-finished 2.2mm cable chain:
Two 1/2 inch lengths
Two 3/4 inch lengths
Two 1-inch lengths
Gently spread the bars on one gold-plated 15x12mm cage link. Carefully push into the cage three 6mm emerald glass beads and gently close the bars again.
Repeat to insert three 6mm emerald glass beads into the second cage link.
Open one 4mm gold-plated round jumpring and pass it through the first link on one length of chain and one gold-finished and enamel clover charm. Close the jumpring.
Repeat to attach one gold-finished and enamel clover charm to the first link on each of the remaining 5 lengths of chain.
Open one 4mm round jumpring and pass it through the last link on three staggered lengths of chain and one loop on the gold-plated cage. Close the jumpring.
Open one loop on one 6mm emerald beading link and pass it through the opposite loop on the gold-plated 15x12mm cage link. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the 6mm emerald beading link and pass it through the loop on one gold-finished fishhook earwire. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 4 - 6 to create a second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.