Earrings with Silver-Plated "Pewter" Focal, Czech Fire-Polished Glass Beads and Swarovski Crystal
-- Designer --
Esther, Lead Jewelry Designer, Marketing Content Development Group, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Esther Pollock, read her jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, Czech fire-polished glass, emerald green, 6mm faceted round (2 beads)
- Flat back, Swarovski crystal rhinestone, emerald, silver-foil back, 3.8-4mm faceted round (2028), SS16 (4 flat backs)
- Focal, silver-finished ''pewter'' (zinc-based alloy), (2) 37x34mm single-sided open 4-leaf clover and (2) 15x14mm double-sided open clover, 1.5mm loop (2 focals)
- Eyepin, silver-plated brass, 1-inch, 21 gauge (2 eyepins)
- Earwire, antiqued silver-finished copper, 17mm fishhook with 3mm ball and open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Adhesive, epoxy, Araldite Standard Epoxy, 2-part, 90-minute
- Pliers, flush-cutter
- Pliers, chain-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
Using Araldite 2-part epoxy, glue two Swarovski SS16 emerald flat backs to the center of one silver-finished 37x34mm clover focal.
Repeat to glue flat backs to a second clover focal. Set aside and allow the epoxy to dry per manufacturer's instructions.
String one 6mm emerald glass bead onto one silver-plated 1-inch eyepin. Form a simple loop on the straight end of the wire creating a 6mm emerald glass beading link.
Repeat to create a second 6mm emerald glass beading link.
Open one loop on one 6mm emerald glass beading link and pass it through the loop on one clover focal. Close the loop.
Open the opposite loop on the same 6mm emerald glass beading link and pass it through the loop on one silver-finished fishhook earwire. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to create a second earring.
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.