Earrings with Swarovski Crystal, Chain and 14Kt Gold-Filled Beads
-- Designer --
Tim Cronkhite, Exclusively for Fire Mountain Gems and Beads®
To learn more about Tim Cronkhite, read his jewelry artist success story here
- Bead, 14Kt gold-filled, 4mm stardust round (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal and silver-plated brass, crystal clear, 6mm rondelle (2 beads)
- Bead, Swarovski crystal and gold-plated brass, crystal clear, 6mm rondelle (2 beads)
- Pearl, Swarovski crystal chaton and cultured freshwater, white and crystal clear, 9-10mm rice (2 pearls)
- Earwire, 14Kt gold-filled, 17mm angular fishhook with 3mm ball and open loop, 20 gauge (2 earwires)
- Chain, sterling silver, 1.5mm rolo
- Chain, 14Kt gold-filled, 0.84mm add-a-bead
- Wire, sterling silver, dead-soft, round, 32 gauge
- Pliers, flat-nose
- Pliers, round-nose
- Pliers, flush-cutter
Using flush-cutters, cut the following:
One 5-1/4 inch length of sterling silver 32-gauge dead-soft wire
Five 2-1/4 inch lengths of sterling silver 1.5mm rolo chain
Three 2-1/4 inch lengths of gold-filled add-a-bead chain
Pass one 5-1/4 inch length of wire through the first link on each of the lengths of chain in a random pattern. Fold the wire in half with the chain at the center.
String onto the doubled wire the following beads:
One Swarovski and silver-plated 6mm crystal rondelle
One 9-10mm cultured freshwater pearl with Swarovski crystal chatons
One Swarovski and gold-plated crystal rondelle
One gold-filled 4mm stardust round
Create a wrapped loop on the straight end of the wires.
Open the loop on one gold-filled 17mm angular earwire and pass it through the wrapped loop. Close the loop.
Repeat Steps 1 - 5 to create a second earring.
: : : Additional Resources : : :
The pieces featured in the Gallery of Designs are copyrighted designs and are provided for inspiration only. We
encourage you to substitute different colors, products and techniques to make the design your own.
Have a question regarding this design idea? Email Customer Service.